• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
anyone here use their phone as a remote control for their pc?

i was lying in bed last night and couldnt be arsed moving, so searched for a way to control my pc without the mouse/keyboard.

found a few apps for android... its bledy marvelous! i dont like the remote desktop ones but the simpler remote apps are pretty cool!

next will be benching from a warm corner while my pc freezes lol

I use splashtop and must say I rather like it.

I would like to find a way to just have a monitoring type app. Something simple over network that gives you a widget or something on your phone with temps etc so you know what its doing. CPU usage, RAM usage, temps something like that.

Anyhow in case anyone missed it:

Since Intels have started popping up on this thread here and there I have a question. Maybe some of you with more experience with them can help me out. My question is based on this earlier post I had.

Quote:
With my 2500k I could get it to run all day long at 5.3 with 1.48 Cpu V. I even ran prime for 20 minutes there before losing a worker but 1 mhz more it will not even post no matter how much voltage I throw at it.
I really had high hopes for this chip, it sings along benching what ever I throw at it at 5.3. Never blue screens, crashes etc... I swear with the right cooling I could run it there 24/7. No matter what I try it will hardly post at any speed higher then 5300 it sometimes will reach windows splash but then it will bsod. I've tried disabling cores and setting the Cpu V to 1.55 I may have even tried 1.6, Bclk to 101*53, 102*52, I've raised and lowered the VTT voltage... Am I missing something or is this chip just at a hard wall? Also does this mean it will not go higher even if I go sub-ambient with it? It's on an Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 motherboard.

Anyone have any ideas?

Same story with my 2600K except it goes a little over 5300 - I did get a tidbit from Witchdoctor on this. He said a SB chip will run as fast as it will, no amount of voltage or anything else will make it run faster once it's reached it's limit, extreme cooling might let you squeeze 100 to 200MHz extra from it and that's all.

Sad part of my story is this chip will actually POST at 59x, even gives me the Windows logo upon attempting to boot but no more, does the same exact thing even at 5350MHz. BTW I'm running a OC Formula board with this one.

Same story with my 2600K except it goes a little over 5300 - I did get a tidbit from Witchdoctor on this. He said a SB chip will run as fast as it will, no amount of voltage or anything else will make it run faster once it's reached it's limit, extreme cooling might let you squeeze 100 to 200MHz extra from it and that's all.

Sad part of my story is this chip will actually POST at 59x, even gives me the Windows logo upon attempting to boot but no more, does the same exact thing even at 5350MHz. BTW I'm running a OC Formula board with this one.
That is also what I've heard and it really bothers me. It is unlike my AMD chips, when they are really pushed hard and getting close to the top I'll start having issues here and there, a little more tweaking and you get it a bit further. This 2500k just sings along at 5300, I really don't think it has ever crashed on me benching it there. I always think of Ron Popeil and his infomercials when I'm clocking this thing, "Set it and forget it"! I was hoping, that a little bit of tweaking could take it a bit further but it seems as if that isn't the case.

Hey Manny Happy New Year my friend!!!! With my limited know how it sounds like a brick wall to me. By the way Johan will upset eating his breakfast as i have just gone by him again lol!!

edit: And i am getting ever closer to you as well Manny!!

AJ.

And a Happy healthy to you also my friend, you may get close but I promise you " Thall shall not pass" :)

Been doing some work with the new parts today. Ajay sorry bout your luck and Mr.Clean...... I'm 3 pts. behind :snipe:

Feeling the Pressure Manny now Johan has gone by you, what did you say "thou shall not pass" hmmm lol!!!! :eek: :shock:

AJ.

That is also what I've heard and it really bothers me. It is unlike my AMD chips, when they are really pushed hard and getting close to the top I'll start having issues here and there, a little more tweaking and you get it a bit further. This 2500k just sings along at 5300, I really don't think it has ever crashed on me benching it there. I always think of Ron Popeil and his infomercials when I'm clocking this thing, "Set it and forget it"! I was hoping, that a little bit of tweaking could take it a bit further but it seems as if that isn't the case.

This can be good and bad. You could max the SB cpus out easier, but the max was lower( usually.) I have a 56x 2500k. I could bench it on water at that, but will not go any higher. There were a few 58-59 cpu's but not very many.

This can be good and bad. You could max the SB cpus out easier, but the max was lower( usually.) I have a 56x 2500k. I could bench it on water at that, but will not go any higher. There were a few 58-59 cpu's but not very many.
I'm a bit confused by what you're saying xsuperbgx. From what I've read the it seems as if my chips is maxed out at 5300. Are you saying mine may not be maxed out there?

If that is the max you can get with higher voltage and good cooling, then that is the best that your chip will do. Most people benching those at release had to bin them to find a higher multi chip. It was like playing the lottery. I think 53x is about the average for sandy bridge.

If that is the max you can get with higher voltage and good cooling, then that is the best that your chip will do. Most people benching those at release had to bin them to find a higher multi chip. It was like playing the lottery. I think 53x is about the average for sandy bridge.

Gotya, It sure looks like 5.3 is all it has. I wish the answer would be put it under sub ambient and it will go higher but it sure doesn't look that way.

That's how mine is acting, about average. :shrug:

Hi guys, I have been out a while trying to do stuff and things and was able to do some of that.
for reasons that escape me you refused to cower at the thought of my antec 920 ghettoed with the resivator.
so to futher your fear I now present you with the all conquering LARKOOLER 300

i GOT THIS THING FOR A SONG AND THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO BE JUST TRASH, BUT TO MY PLEASANT SUPRISE THE THING REALLY WORKS.
it's just behind the sidon 240 and is dead quiet.
the fans spin at 1600 or so and i ran them stone stock and that means in the less than ideal pull mode AND THE WATER BLOCK THAT COMES WITH IT.

Attachments

• Lark_300.jpg
    Lark_300.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 4200.JPG
    4200.JPG
    355.4 KB · Views: 56
  • PIC_0909.JPG
    PIC_0909.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 59
C_D is threatening again...

I thought C_D was busy with work, at work not gearing up for us guys that do this as a hobby. Hehehe. :rofl:

His latest images struck fear into the hearts of us mortals. :chair:

Whazzup wit at case manz???

case booster.jpg

Fear the freeken bird man...

Bird.jpg

RGone...ster. :blah:.....:chair:

oh how i dig bobsters graghics!!!!

sorry bout those toes getting in there, I hope none of you are scared for life by old man feet.

the farm is moved and sort of up and running again, it being about 4 miles from the shop is going to take a bit more to work out, so the man with the plan will be up all week making it work right.
getting it out of my way has opened up some space in the shop so as normal i filled it right back up with more equipment for the race shop so the pain and expence may or may not be worth it.

I got the very low voltage processor installed in the other guys rig, and it runs 4.8 on air!!!!! so he is a very happy man and he models populations and really needs all the threads he can get.

I got the very low voltage processor installed in the other guys rig, and it runs 4.8 on air!!!!! so he is a very happy man = Dang he should be. 8 freeken FX cores on air is nothing to sneeze at for sure. Dang P-States anyway.

RGone...ster.

Back