• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just started over clocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NebiekinG

Registered
Overclocking a p4g8x deluxe p4 3.06 on a 150fhb... cpu temp is 48-49 I was wondering what is the temprature that the CPU will crash at?

48-49C under load is fine. The temperature at which the CPU will crash depends on your overclock.

At the rated speed, it should work fine up to 70C (even up to 90C). But if it's overclocked 500Mhz, you could have a hard time keeping it stable at 55C. You'll just have to find out the hard way.

I have a 3.06 at 3.3 that runs at about 60-61C with no trouble. Of course, I wouldn't recommend running at that temperature (I just don't have much concern for the well being of this chip).

Ok, I want to overclock it even more, what should I do. Once again I have to say that I am an overclocking newb.. so will increasing the CPU core voltage help me raise the 150 to lets say 155 ?

it should help, though NEVER, NEVER go above 1.7v it will kill your cpu very fast, anywhere from 2 weeks to a month or so. and watch the temp, try to stay below 60deg~Alex

Back