• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

keyboards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gregers05

well i have been wanting the razor lycosa but ive been reading reviews on the egg and they dont seem to be very durable. what do you guys use?

i just want a normal keyboard with the backlit keys. i dont need a g11 or g15 or anything with the macro keys. i was considering the satiek II but idk?

I've never owned a keyboard with backlit keys, but I've heard from a few of my gaming buddies that the satiek is pretty decent. Just my 2 cents :)

hello there!
i understand, after having a kb with backlit keys...you can't go back :p
there's the Logitech Illuminated
Logitech_Illuminated.jpg
which is a sexy keyboard no doubt. i ordered it for my friend's build and after seeing it, i'd rather it over my rev. 2 G15.
the Logitech Illuminated has laptop-touch keys, and white backlit which has 3 brightness settings.
also, it's like 1cm thick...so if i hadn't gotten my G15, i'd be getting the Logitech Illuminated.

Backlit keyboards?

Blasphemy.

I use a model M. Manufacturing date? 1992. Weight? Slightly less than a bowling ball.

Saitek Cyborg here. So far, I really like it. Very easy to setup, good keyclick and response, back lit keys, and ability to change color of certain sections(ie: gaming keys). I wanted something with a full keyboard after I spilled a drink on my trusty zboard, and I absolutely hate the merc (which has a back lit variant).
I'd recommend this board to anyone. Fairly expensive though.

Saitek ftw, but i went for a lycosa and never looke back! The K/B is actually insanly equiped with features, although some are kinda stupid, such as the wasd gaming 4 keys. I like the wide laptop keys though, it makes typing just that little more easier.

The media controls are a nice tough though :)

wateverr you get, you wont regret it, just as i didn't with my lycosa

I'm in a similar predicament. just cant decide what keyboard to get. I had a close look at the DiNovo Edge, but it doesn't seem worth the money. I was looking for a long time at the g15 but I heard its not all its hyped up to be, and im not fond of the orange backlighting. I am now considering the Lycosa, the saitek eclipse II.

I looked on the logitech website and saw the g110 which looks awesome, but can't get it in aus.
Not quite sure what the go there is with that keyboard, at the right price that could take a massive stake in the aus market.

If I can't my hands on it by the end of the year, I'm probly gonna get the lycosa, even tho I have been anti-razer for as long as I have known them.

getting back on topic, the Saitek eclipse II is your best bet, reviewers love it, it doesn't have any extra macro keys, is backlit and the wrist support is adjustable

I just get cheap keyboard I find at yard sale and local thrift shop. $1 keyboard is cheap insurance against nerd rage when something in game conspires against me.

:D

I would be very sad if I smashed a $150 gaming keyboard in fit of tantrum.

I just use a M$ ergonomic 4000 v1.0 keyboard, and I have a lamp with a fluorescent night light bulb in it on the desk.
That way you can still see all the keys, and you get a good sturdy keyboard that will outlast a computer or three.
It's also just enough light that webcamming in IM doesn't make me look blue.

Three birds, one stone...take that you feathered sky rodents!

Last edited:
I have had the Saitek Eclipse for quite some time now and really like it. The back light keys are nice and clear you can turn them on, off, or dim. Good for the cost.

I see no point in going simple on a keyboard when my rig cost $4400, is watercooled, has a 26" full HD monitor and a logitech MX revolution mouse. Razer lycosa is looking good right now, just gotta make my bloody mind up

I see no point in going simple on a keyboard when my rig cost $4400, is watercooled, has a 26" full HD monitor and a logitech MX revolution mouse. Razer lycosa is looking good right now, just gotta make my bloody mind up

Logitech. OEM. Brown Box. $7. Still works like new after two years of significant use.

Every fancy keyboard I've ever had has met with an unfortunate demise.. Friends spilling a drink is usually it.

I can't have nice things because I know stupid people. They break my things.

It really all comes down to whether or not you just need a simple keyboard for FPS, or you need hotkeys for MMOs or other games.

Then again personal preference for looks. Lycosa just seems too pricey for a simple keyboard with standard 108 keys. It just looks different from a Satek Eclipse I or II but more expensive.

i used both the saitek eclipse II and lycosa.. and I say lycosa is better. just so damn portable/efficient. love the laptop style keys too.

if you want something cheaper I think the razer arctosa is exactly the same as lycosa.. except half the price?

I'm in a similar predicament. just cant decide what keyboard to get. I had a close look at the DiNovo Edge, but it doesn't seem worth the money. I was looking for a long time at the g15 but I heard its not all its hyped up to be, and im not fond of the orange backlighting. I am now considering the Lycosa, the saitek eclipse II.

I looked on the logitech website and saw the g110 which looks awesome, but can't get it in aus.
Not quite sure what the go there is with that keyboard, at the right price that could take a massive stake in the aus market.

If I can't my hands on it by the end of the year, I'm probly gonna get the lycosa, even tho I have been anti-razer for as long as I have known them.

getting back on topic, the Saitek eclipse II is your best bet, reviewers love it, it doesn't have any extra macro keys, is backlit and the wrist support is adjustable
whoa! i've never seen that keyboard before.
the design looks kind of dull now...if i was in the market for a keyboard i'd still get the Logitech Illuminated keyboard. nice and thin, laptop keys.

Back