• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KK266 rulz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yomama

I previously used boards from ABit and ASUS, and built Celeron and PIII systems. When I read about this board I had to get one for my first AMD system. I got the board 2 days ago, it's a version 1.1 - which some people had reported issues with...

I took a day to assemble it it (put arctic silver under the greenie, installed my trust PAL6035, from which I had to remove the rubber feet, unlock the CPU, etc.)

Yesterday I installed the system. One problem I had was that I could not perform a new install, since there were numerous files on my HDD that I did not want to back-up. I followed Ed's instruction on the main page and deleted the old installation and installed the drivers. All no problem, system booted right up. I had to install a few drivers manually, but no big deal at all.

People who reported problems with going to 133MHz probably made the mistake of not reducing the multiplier first.

With my 1100CPU I set it to 7.5x133 and it booted right up. I then went and moved it to 150 no problem. Right now it's running at 155 - the memory scores are UNBELIEVABLE. This is Micron CAS2 memory and it's at 580/620. That's almost 50% more than with my CUSL2 board at 140FSB - WOW.

During the next couple of days I will tweak this baby out some more. The processor will definitely go over 1200, and the memory may be even faster, once I install the turc bios.

The real test for me will be seeing how fast this baby can go through a SETI unit...(he,he, he)

Yo

ok I am old abit person. Matter of fact BX
upgrading and was going abit but with all I hear about
the 133 boot problems with abit this sure looks like a winner.
You had to reinstall windows?
98 or 2k
Man I just got thru with that before christmas and don't want to do it again with a mb/cpu change.

sparks

sparks (Feb 23, 2001 12:41 p.m.):
You had to reinstall windows?
98 or 2k
Man I just got thru with that before christmas and don't want to do it again with a mb/cpu change.

sparks

Just follow the instructions on the main web site . It's not a full re-install, just a replacement of the device drivers and other "guts"

Yo

what section I can't find it.

does the iwill have agp multi/dividers like abit?

tried to get the board and cpu at one place..hehehe
well cheap board high cpu prices
cheap cpu high board prices.

maybe a 650 would be fun on this board.
hey $60 till the palamino comes out :)

got to get something its been 2 weeks without a new toy....ahhhhhhhhhhh

sparks (Feb 23, 2001 02:40 p.m.):
what section I can't find it.

does the iwill have agp multi/dividers like abit?

tried to get the board and cpu at one place..hehehe
well cheap board high cpu prices
cheap cpu high board prices.

maybe a 650 would be fun on this board.
hey $60 till the palamino comes out :)

got to get something its been 2 weeks without a new toy....ahhhhhhhhhhh

I got both at newegg.com almost reasonable shipping too, and Fedex delivered it second day though it was "saver" he, he

YO I have looked hi and low for the partial install fix.
Can you tell me what section its under?

thanks
sparks

Back