• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Komusa PC4200 Adata chips 301mhz 2.9v

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yo Albuquerque! check your pm's! :D

you have email turned off so this is my only course of contact. hope it works.

Albuquerque, guess what i just got my hands on????? a 2.4c guarenteed to 3.7...goody goody goody... i can hardly wait to mate it up with my 5 in 1 modded ic7... now finally after 6-1/2 months, i can test this ram to its max..... It costed a pretty penny,(230.00) but i dont care, heheheheheh. (jeeesh i used to only get this worked up over girls, lol) wish me luck on my quest for the hollowed grounds of 300+ fsb and 1-1 memory guy...

I'll go check my PM's right now; I haven't received any notifications, and I purposely leave those enabled because I never think to go look on my own :p

As for the 3.7ghz 2.4C... DAMMIT BOY! :D Why are you posting here and not out there overclocking your little board to death? :p I wish you all the best, it looks like I'm having problems now with my replacement Alby. This one is giving me REALLY bad voltages on the CPU.

Get this: 1.6v in BIOS = 1.55 reported in MBM and about 1.58vcc in real life -- but my AGTL voltages (you know, that second CPU voltage that's supposed to be just slightly lower than vcc?) is at 1.81v :eek:

I eventually found that while trying to figure out WTF was going on with my CPU temps. It keeps idling at like 46c even at stock speed while running my Swiftech MCX4000 sink and a Y.S. Tech 80mm fan! Hell no wonder, I'm feeding it 1.8 volts!

I just figured this out about half an hour ago, so I'll be calling Albatron first thing in the morning. I'm posting this from my podunk laptop; no way in hell I want to fry such a great chip with a screwed up board.

Maybe third time is the charm?

actually i just bought it, so it should be shipped by mon or tues, i was so worked up i posted like i already had it.. man i gotta get those mods done asap... good lord 1.8v yep u had a little heater there.. i also have an mcx 4000 with a 120 cfm tornado plus im suking cold air in from outside via ducts with an additional 130 cfm fan. right now its 27c at 1.66 volts, jeesh al, sorry to hear about youre probs with the boards, yaknow, some of the guys swear by the 875 chipsets claiming that at extreme speeds they just seem to be more stable.. also i know the asus also feeds voltage to the nb as u increase vcore, maybe a decent reurb from
newegg? would help... anyway youre a good guy and i wish u a ton of luck, getting the the probs worked out... flapper...

Giving this thread a bump as this is some very good memory, and I don't want to go searching for this thread eventually. Currently 288FSB with 1:1 ratio.

Oh yeah.. I have a 2 x 256 kit of Adata PC4200 on the way.. I'm curious about the overclocking differences between a 1GB kit and a 512MB kit.

Last edited:
I have noticed something really strange here.
People with 2X256MB PC4200 Adata ram will most likely to hit 300FSB+ then the people with 2X512MB stick.... Also for Asus P4C800-E board, what ram can run 5:4 ratio up to 280+FSB??? SInce I have a pair of Hynix PC4200 they run 280FSB rock solid at 2.85V and when I try to run them using 5:4 at 280FSB... my comp just won't post at all!!

mayb u should lower your voltage to them because they are way underclocked to 448MHz @ 5:4 280FSB so try the Vdimm range of 2.6-2.7

Nope that just does not work.....
I tried all the voltage there are and my ram only go up to 260FSB with 5:4 ratio....
I think it's just Hynix won't work under 5:4 ratio with FSB more then 260FSB....

I have the gig pc4200 kit, with the adata chips and it's ok but it doesn't go sky high like I hoped. Only tried it in boards that can deliver 2.85 or 2.9 so maybe that's the only problem, but for the $262 I have into it I'm not impressed.

Best I can squeeze out of it in a stable manner is an fsb of 232. It's kinda nice seeing memtest show bandwidth at 2774mb/sec with loose 3884 timings. But at such a low FSB, it's in my spare junk pile for the next customer machine I build where they aren't going to try and overclock it.

Last edited:
1gig of what pc 4200??? 4000???....you must be doing sumthing wrong if you did choose one of those...you would be underclocked so how come u cant go higher..hmmm...what Vdimm are you giving them???

DMC8260 said:
I have noticed something really strange here.
People with 2X256MB PC4200 Adata ram will most likely to hit 300FSB+ then the people with 2X512MB stick.... Also for Asus P4C800-E board, what ram can run 5:4 ratio up to 280+FSB??? SInce I have a pair of Hynix PC4200 they run 280FSB rock solid at 2.85V and when I try to run them using 5:4 at 280FSB... my comp just won't post at all!!

most PC4000 or above doesnt like the 5:4 ratio from what ive seen. its really meant for the 1:1 ratio. this may be why it isnt doing so well. the reason why people get more out of 2x256 rather than those with 2x512 is because 2x512 is double the ram, they pull more power and so you tend to get less of an OC.

So what should I do??
3 choices, which one should I choose??

1. Get a pair of Adata Hyperram 2X256MB. But then I need a gig....

2. Get a pair of OCZ PC3700EL and use 5:4 and try 300FSB. I hope they will work on 5:4 ratio.

3. Leave it, stick with what I have 280FSB 3.34ghz....

i would say go for the 2x256 but then again you still have a decent overclock with the pair you have right now...you should be happy.....Addiction never fails it's course..lol...

DMC8260 said:
So what should I do??
3 choices, which one should I choose??

1. Get a pair of Adata Hyperram 2X256MB. But then I need a gig....

2. Get a pair of OCZ PC3700EL and use 5:4 and try 300FSB. I hope they will work on 5:4 ratio.

3. Leave it, stick with what I have 280FSB 3.34ghz....

thats up to you. but what i would try is the pc3700. it will have lax timings like pc4000. it runs at a speed of 466mhz, you need 480mhz for 5:4; 300FSB. if you need a gig, then 2x256 wont help, even if you can get it to do 300fsb 1:1. or if you have the money and can find it, you can get some BH-5 chips, do a volt mod to your board and get 480mhz; 2-2-2-5 timings with ~ 3.1-3.2 volts.

Yeh, I won't waste my money on BH-5 ram, it's just cost too much.
Also I am just wondering does anyone use the OCZ PC3700EL GOLD with the Asus P4C800-E board?? Does 5:4 ratio work up to 280+ Since if ratio thing works then I can hit at least 290FSB. SInce right now I am using 1.525V vcore for 280FSB.

I run the Adata chips 284 1:1 and 297 5:4 on the AI7. The OCZ 3700 Rev2(got replacements for the rev1) runs 255 1:1 and is fine at 300 5:4 but if your going to run 5:4 get the Mushkin promo, do a volt mod and use 3.2-3.4v to the stuff to run 2,2,2,5. You get better results. I have this combo on my AI7 runs great.

I am using 256meg chips in both the adata and OCZ mem. The promo is 512meg.

Back