• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Komusa PC4200 Adata chips 301mhz 2.9v

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Understand but it's still +- 600 ddr that even then could be
expensive and not as good performance. It's a bet! My only question as in earlier was what is everybodies consensious on what to order if I were to order. Heatspreader or not, speed 4000 or 4200. Red or Green PCB. The effect of speed binning on the decision to buy now or l8r when new chip stock comes down the line?

All input would be greatly appreciated!

OneBitOff said:
Well I'm new to here and to the forum? So Hello All!!

My question is what should I buy? I've read through the thread. Am quite excited! But am quite confused? There are 4000 (4ns) and 4200 (?ns) sticks, red and green, some 6 months old green yet bought in the last week, some new red pcb from a different line of Adata memory, Copper heatspreader or not, Speed Binning to take into account. Lot of factors. Advice! Advice!

Have a new ABIT NF7-S V2.0, Mobile Athlon XP 2500+ new, ready and waiting!!

Sorry 'bout the mess of a message. New to this message editing system.

Thanks All

Flip a Bit and Pass it Around!

BTW flapperhead you mentioned:

if u think about it at ddr 600 thats 3.3ns. jeesh my golden sample ti4200's ram wont run this fast. it just blows me away

where did you get "3.3ns" from?

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS...

this stuff is probably way too fast for what u need, but what the heck, a gig is only 238.00.. the reason why my sticks are green and everyone else's is red is because i bought my hyperram when it first came out in early sept. at that time the fastest they sold was pc4000. since then they have been speed binning (testing )the adata ram and the best overclocking modules have been upgraded to pc4200. that is why so many of the guys are getting these great speeds. its almost like having someone pretest your pc4000 and selling you the best of the best for 5.00 more. as for the ddr 600 and 3.3ns, i got it by taking the actual speed of the ddr600 which is 300mhz and dividing it into 1 billion, which is 3.3ns (a ns- nanosecond is 1 billionth of a second.) anyway welcome to the forums and i invite u to come over to the dark side (intel) so u can really crank your hyperram up...

I got good news! i just booted into bios at 310!!!(i think i have more) not yet stable in windows at 300 yet. im hoping its a memory / ratio/ timing issue, and not the cpu, cause its my dream to run this rig over 300. right now im using 1.74vcore, do i dare bump it up just to see if it responds???

Thank your input was much appreciated and understood!

If you read the rest of my messages today you would see where I am coming from. The pickings in memory are thin and price / performance ratio are low and I'm just trying to get find a bargain in the ruff!

Thanks and keep em' comin'.

No heatspreaders are needed, and you want to get the PC4200 stuff with the "Adata upgrade" selected. That'll get you set up perfectly :)

I got my board to boot at 292fsb after reinstalling the modded PSU; my voltages are significantly better now. Unfortunately it's not stable at 292 or else I'd show some benchmarks :( I upped the CPU voltage just to make sure, but I think it's the northbridge that's causing me this grief. That, or maybe I'm running into the limit on the ram at the 2.85v max voltage I can feed it? That's effectively 584DCDDR, maybe this board needs a VDD mod to get it higher?

Dunno, board mods have to wait till the weekend :)

you mentioned you were buying memory now and eventually using it with a grantsdale chipset. the grantsdale chipset will be DDRII not DDRI so your ram will not work in the new board. just thought you should know.

Maxvla said:
you mentioned you were buying memory now and eventually using it with a grantsdale chipset. the grantsdale chipset will be DDRII not DDRI so your ram will not work in the new board. just thought you should know.

The new 915 (grantsdale) will be allowing the use of both ddr 1 and ddr 2. As ddr2 will be too costly for the mainstream until 2005. So intel and other other MB mags are providing slots for ddr1. After all the advantage of ddr2 isn't until the it speed passes 667 and beyond. No advantage over ddr1 now. It's a matter of the economic to performance ratio of the ddr 1 vs. dd2. Have to very slowly ramp up all the technologies so the market won't be shell shocked and get scared off.

Flip a Bit and Pass it Around! ;)

Last edited:
Well guys i give up(no matter what i do)- i can boot into the bios at 310-312/boot into windows at 301 but it aint totally stable till 288. here i thought i had something going last nite but no luck. weird my pc4000 hyperram actually outruns my cpu .DRAT! WAAAAAAA... anybody else with good news??

well the guy i bought my prescott from is taking his merry time shipping it so who knows when i'll be able to run this ram properly...

i have a 2.8 prescott sitting here, been too disgusted to test it based on reports from the other guys, they just run too hot and beat the h*ll out of the mb. I had a line on a 2.4c that runs 3.6+ over at extreme forums last nite till "hardass" their hatchet mod deleted me for not having enuff posts... Have u ever seen a 2yr old throw a super tantrum and flip himself all over the floor ?? LOL.. well back to the drawing board...

Gautam said:
Have any of you tried CAS 2.5?
i tried it and it worked ok up to 255mhz 2.5 4 4 8. scores weren't that great, but it did work.

bought another prescott. lets see who wins the shipping race.

Xception said:
Albuquerque,

Mine isn't stable at 292 either but I did get a screenie. Seems stable at 285 tho at least in memtest. This ADATA pc4200 is awesome!! And for the price can't be beat. Might have to go for another gig :D

Follow this link to my 292 screenie

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=277439

thats pc4560/ not bad for 238.00 eh? the corsair and ocz pc4400/ is going for about 400.00. Can u imagine the shock i had when last sept when i tested one of my sticks to 290 at 2.78v?I cant vouch for their other speeds because i havent tested any, but these pc4200 adata modules are without a doubt consistantly the fastest and by far the most inexpensive ram for someone who wants hi fsb- memory 1-1...

I have an odd scenario now... With this 1.03b bios, I'm suddenly getting literally billions of errors in Memtest86 2.8 (maybe I should try a newer one?) Prime and Windows both are just as stable as before, but I'm getting huge numbers of errors in every test -- no matter if it's single channel or dual channel, and from every speed from 266mhz 3:2 all the way to 575mhz 1:1. :confused:

Since Prime isn't kicking me out, I'm working on the assumption that MemTest86 is just having some conflict with this BIOS. I'm going to reload my 1.02b version and Memtest again just to make sure...

Sure enough, 1.03f fixed the problem - go figure :confused:

Here's something more interesting: I think I am maxing out the ram. I know for a fact that 284fsb is stable because it's memtested on the 1.02b bios for 24hrs. With the latest bioses (1.03b and 1.03f) I can post higher than 284...

Memtest ran fine through two loops at 284, so I booted it at 288 (576DDR) and immediately got errors! It wasn't tons of errors like the previous deal, just a few here and there. Knowing how this board undervolts the CPU when loaded, it's not impossible that the ram is being undervolted at load too.

I think it's time for the vmem mod before I can get any higher...

Back