• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Komusa PC4200 Adata chips 301mhz 2.9v

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
wow this thing is HOT :D

its not a good oc'r, but i have another one coming tomorrow.

this one seems to be 'everyday' stable about 3250mhz 70c load.

i guess this board doesn't like running 4:5 either cause it wont boot at all no matter what its set to.

To the guy that was running 4500mb/sec -- yeah, something is terribly wrong with your system. My ~6000 is actually horribly low compared to what it should be, but that's because I cannot run PAT any higher than 255fsb without stability issues.

In fact, with this board running at 255fsb and PAT enabled, I score ~5800, a mere two hundred points shy of almost 70mhz more speed. It's amazing the difference that PAT can make :)

I'm hoping a voltmod will cure my issues with PAT over 255fsb...

mattspalace said:
Hopefully mine will do a lil better for ya - or was this is one the CPU you got from me?
yep its yours ;)

don't worry though. i was expecting hot conditions.

Found my Komusa pc4000 results on my Max3 board..These 2 sticks of pc4000 are the best i ever had, out running my pc4200 from them"komusa" even..

Latest_bios_results_Max3.jpg

very nice!!

unfortunately for me i don't think i'm ever going to run a low enough multiplier p4 to get this high fsb. i thought i could run 4:5 using the 533 strap, but it appears it won't work. dumb intel needed to include a divider that ran ram faster than cpu with 800fsb chips. :(

i'm looking at a 3.0c. hopefully i'll get lucky and get a wu stepping.

Awesome bandwidth GWAR,

Here's my ADATA 2x256 screenie. Everybody loves Pictures !! :D

I am currently running at 288 with 2.7 volts vdimm. Prime stable !!

Attachments

• oc2.jpg
    oc2.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 283
yep same prob with me my cpu doesnt run well over 290. 1 of my sticks runs that fast at 2.78v. so i put in the 533/strap changed to a4/5 ratio and... nothing. it wont boot .DRAT! If i could only find a real fast 2.4c.. oh well...

exception, thats amazing and at 2.7v no less. the god of fast memory has definitely blessed this adata/hyperram

Last edited:
5:4 doesnt usually work well with pc4000 or higher from what ive heard/read, dont know what it is...

so from these few screen shots, i see people running 290 fsb and 290 on the ram (1:1), yet the scores dont get past 7,000 MB/s. this is odd that my pc3500 (running 220mhz) with 2-2-2-5 timings and 5:4 divider gets about 6,000 MB/s...i would think it would be less....i know my chip can do 3.6ghz stable, ive done it with the 3:2 ratio (ram was at 200mhz, pc3200 speeds). so what im trying to figure out based on people results with this mem is will i get better performance with my chip at 3.6ghz, 1:1 with komusa, 3-4-4-8 timings, or will it run better at 3.6ghz, 5:4 with mushkin pc3500, volt modded board to give it 3.2 volts, 2-2-2-5 timings? from my current setup, i think keeping my current ram would be best after a vold mod to my board. i would think the scores would be better with the komusa ram because its in 1:1 with the bus speed, so something is screwy i guess?!?

gustav said:
5:4 doesnt usually work well with pc4000 or higher from what ive heard/read, dont know what it is...

so from these few screen shots, i see people running 290 fsb and 290 on the ram (1:1), yet the scores dont get past 7,000 MB/s. this is odd that my pc3500 (running 220mhz) with 2-2-2-5 timings and 5:4 divider gets about 6,000 MB/s...i would think it would be less....i know my chip can do 3.6ghz stable, ive done it with the 3:2 ratio (ram was at 200mhz, pc3200 speeds). so what im trying to figure out based on people results with this mem is will i get better performance with my chip at 3.6ghz, 1:1 with komusa, 3-4-4-8 timings, or will it run better at 3.6ghz, 5:4 with mushkin pc3500, volt modded board to give it 3.2 volts, 2-2-2-5 timings? from my current setup, i think keeping my current ram would be best after a vold mod to my board. i would think the scores would be better with the komusa ram because its in 1:1 with the bus speed, so something is screwy i guess?!?

actually im trying to run my ram at a ratio of 5 to my fsb of 4. to do that u have to put in the 533 strap. but i havent found anyone who has been able to do it with an 800 fsb chip.

to be honest i doubt there would be much difference between running 300 1-1 3-4-4-8 and 300 5/4 @2-2-2-5.For me there's just the mystique of running 300 1-1. That definitely qualifies for bragging rights. . plus who would have thought some smaller outfit would put out such consistantly fast ram at such bargain basement prices!!!. Thats why maxvla has so many hits on this thread..

Maxvla said:

something is very wrong with your rig. 4500mb/s is LOWER than stock 200mhz on a 800fsb chip which is 5000mb/s. you are either running in single channel mode or there's a problem with your mobo.

What the hell is wrong with this damn thing I'm not even stable at 280fsb, random BIOS corruption computer shutting off.

I dont know anymore, I'm giving it 3-4-4 timings and with a vdimm mod.

Sophisticated said:
so is A-Data Mushkin born again or somethin..is adata good for overclocking as i see in this thread

I dont have a clue, what chips mushkin uses. since there are only a couple companies that make chips capable of 250+ and hynix by far is the most common, id have to say they are some form of hynix chips.. I also believe adata uses binned hynix chips, with blanks on top carrying their name. secondly i remember when adata first came out last summer with their pc4000, alot of the reviews found theses chips were way ahead of their time in terms of overclocking headroom.. It seems they were probably doing some sort of speed binning on their pc4000. well in my opinion komusa has taken it 1 step further. they are speed binning the the adata pc4000 (which already has known tested chips) and only using the fastest in their pc4200.. Now this is only my opinion but, it is the only logical explaination of why these darn stiks seem to be so consistantly fast and inexpensive..

Well I finally got my 512mb stick installed. I tried it in the Asus P4P800 deluxe and the Abit IS7 they both maxed out at 300mhz fsb with this memory! I did a volt mod to the asus and put 3.2v to the memory and did not get any higher. So adding extra voltage doesn't make any difference on this ram. I am going to order another one now and see how it does in dual channel mode. I do have PAT enabled and I am using the most loose timings I can 3.0-4-4-8. Still I am so happy with this memory. For $119 how can you choose anything else? Next I am going to put the memory in 5:4 and see just how high I can push this little 2.4c!!!!!!!

P.S. @300fsb bios temps are still reading 24 degrees celcius. Of course I know it's not 100% correct but I ran it for a while and then turned off the power and removed the heatsink and put my finger on the center of the chip and it wasn't even warm!

bill gates said:
Well I finally got my 512mb stick installed. I tried it in the Asus P4P800 deluxe and the Abit IS7 they both maxed out at 300mhz fsb with this memory! I did a volt mod to the asus and put 3.2v to the memory and did not get any higher. So adding extra voltage doesn't make any difference on this ram. I am going to order another one now and see how it does in dual channel mode. I do have PAT enabled and I am using the most loose timings I can 3.0-4-4-8. Still I am so happy with this memory. For $119 how can you choose anything else? Next I am going to put the memory in 5:4 and see just how high I can push this little 2.4c!!!!!!!

P.S. @300fsb bios temps are still reading 24 degrees celcius. Of course I know it's not 100% correct but I ran it for a while and then turned off the power and removed the heatsink and put my finger on the center of the chip and it wasn't even warm!

is this 300 1-1?

flapperhead said:

is this 300 1-1?

Yes sir! 300 1:1 I haven't tested stability yet because I don't have enough time until late tonight. I will keep you posted on my results. But if it boots into windows without problems at 300 then my guess is it will probably be stable up to at least 290. I will also try some tighter timings tonight too.

Sophisticated said:
bill gates what pc type did you get 4200, 4000, 3500, what?????????

I bought the pc-4200 ADATA stuff.

Update: The 300mhz fsb is not stable. I tried to run sisoft sandra burn in test and it locked up after the 4th time around. I will see what happens with PAT turned off. I think 290 is going to be more realistic for stability. Not that I'm complaining though...:D

Back