• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Komusa PC4200 Adata chips 301mhz 2.9v

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
O.k. here are the final results: 288mhz 1:1 is the highest it is 100% stable at. I have "PAT" enabled and the memory set to turbo. Also the best timings it will do are 3.0-4-4-5 and this is all with 2.85v on an Asus P4P800 deluxe. This is SINGLE-CHANNEL because I only have 1 stick right now so I don't know how good it will perform once I have dual channel enabled. I ran memtest-86 to test the stability and let it run for about 1 1/2 hours with no errors at the above mentione settings. Also my P4 wouldn't go any higher than 300mhz even with the meory set to 3:2 and with upping the voltage to 1.65v, it just doesn't like anything higher than 300mhz fsb. I am too afraid to add any more voltage than that, especially when it does 300mhz with stock voltage.

I have to say that I am very, very pleased with this memory. I searched for many months to find good memory and in my opinion this is the best stuff out there and it comes at a great price too!!! If anyone has a 2.4 or 2.6c then you will want this stuff!!! Thanks to everyone here for helping me find this stuff and for sharing your overclocking experiences, it has been a lot of fun. Keep posting your results. What has been the highest overclock with these things running in dual channel? Sorry I don't have any pics because I don't have a way to host them.

Well had a chance to play with the Adata (red PCB) this weekend.

First this ram HATES :mad: both my IS-7's. Post dies at 258 on one and 265 on the other. No joy (hard hang on post). Just FYI on that.

On the MB- AI7 I can post and run all the benches at 290 but only prime stable for ~3-4 hours. This is with the 300FSB 2.4C CPU out of the IS7

100% prime stable at 284 but I need 3.05v to get therr :)

Adata PC4000 Memory running at 1:1

Attachments

• mem290-1.jpg
    mem290-1.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 355
Last edited:
First pic is mem at 284.

This is BH-6 running 2,2,2,5 at 292. I am confused why its low compared to the 1:1 at 284. Both have GAT at a,a,a,d,d

Any idea?

Attachments

• mem-292-cas2225.jpg
    mem-292-cas2225.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 356
your bh6 is not doing 292mhz 1:1 that explains the 'lower' score than you thought you'd have.

Yea the Bh-6 is at 5:4 but at tight timings? I know the AI7 benches like 300 points less off the Sanda mem vs IC7/IS7 but I didn't think 1:1 would match tight 5:4 timings.

Time to play with all the different benchs and see what the results are at 5:4 vs 1:1. Maybe I will lower the 5:4 down to enable GAT that would provide a differentiator don’t you think?

Any who for $217 NZ (~$149 USD) I got great 2x256meg RAM that does a great job of running high FSB at 1:1. Currently the adata has found a home in my IS-7 doing 250 with my 3.0c, 1:1 and it likes it :)

Maxvla said:
just bought 2x256 bh5 for 50 bucks, does that qualify? ;)

2x256 for 50 bucks!!! excellent buy.. hey max what was all the
mean stuff going on in that thread over at extreme? those guys sounded kinda elitest, like no one but them are allowed to go fast...

yeah,unless its them. then its great ram..max handled himself well. some people are just naturally jealous. i was tickled pink when i saw those scores and speed. cause that means we have access to fast memory for cheap..

Okay, just ran a quick test..

Currently doing 260FSB 1:1 ratio with 2.9v to the memory and 1.65v to the CPU.. God this 2.8C I have is a real badass.. that's just under 3.7GHz on AIR folks..

I have an SL6Z3 2.4C sittin in a box. That will probably be going in soon, so I can push higher without worrying about maxing out the CPU.

Last edited:
Okay, this is getting interesting now...

Currently at 265fsb with 1:1 ratio. 3-4-4-8 timings (of course). 2.9v to the memory and 1.65v to the CPU. -And yeah, 3.7GHz!!
Of course I still need to check for stablility as I'm using Abit's OC-Guru right now.

My Sandra bandwidth score is only 5910. That seems a little low doesn't it?

wow really nice cpu... i got about 6600-6700 and that was at 290 1-1- so i guess ur in the ballpark. there may be some game acceration settings that will give u a little more..

Back