• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KT7R + Herc 3D Prophet II GTS Pro wont pass POST

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mungbean

Hi,

Kit:
Abit KT7 RAID
AMD Athlon 900Mhz
Hercules 3D Prophet II GTS Pro 64Mb

I've put them all together, and the damn thing won't get past the POST.
Tried everything I can think of BIOS wise.
Tried another AGP card - works no problem.
Tried my card in another PC - works no problem.

Anybody know of any compatibility issues with the GeForce/KT7?
I'm reaching the end of my tether here! Any tips/info very gratefully accepted!

Cheers,

Adam

I just got a Hercules 3D Prophet 2 Ultra and am using it in my Asus a7v. I had the opposite as what you did. With my old Voodoo5 5500 I would have an occasional crash during game play, the Geforce solved that problem not 1 crash since :) Did you try it with no other cards in the system except for video it is possible that there is a card that the geforce just does not like. I have seen this b4 even if windows sais there is no conflict.

Tbird [email protected] - water cooled

I just got a Hercules 3D Prophet 2 Ultra and am using it in my Asus a7v. I had the opposite as what you did. With my old Voodoo5 5500 I would have an occasional crash during game play, the Geforce solved that problem not 1 crash since :) Did you try it with no other cards in the system except for video it is possible that there is a card that the geforce just does not like. I have seen this b4 even if windows sais there is no conflict.

Tbird [email protected] - water cooled

Hi,
I only have the graphics card in, and I've disabled the USB and Highpoint RAID controller via the BIOS.
Somebody has mentioned that it could be my PSU - I've only got a 235W PSU, and the Mobo, Graphics Card and CPU are said to be pretty power hungry (along with 2 HDDs and numerous fans!). I'm going to swap my PSU for something bigger and see if that will solve the problem.
Thanks for your info - I'll keep you posted!

- Adam

I've done some snooping - The first version Hercules 3D Prophet II GTS Pro will NOT work with the ABIT KT7 mobo.
This is because the mobo cannot supply enough power to the graphics card.
More info can be found here:

UK owner experiencing this problem should phone Paul Hargreaves at Guillemot UK on:

020 8686 5600 Ext 238

He will sort you out with a returns number, you pop your card in the post, and a shiny new revised version will be sent to you within a week.

But, it is important to use a PSU of at least 300W as the KT7, Athlon and Graphics card are all power guzzlers.

Hope that is of some help to somebody!

Back