• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KVMs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stool

Any KVM switches that definitely work with most flavors of Linux? The current Hawking I have works great with Windows, but craps out when using Linux(in that I usually lose at least mouse function, if not keyboard too, when switching between rigs. Only thing that isn't a problem is video.

ive never had n e probs with my iogear KVM which switches PS2 mouse and keyboard, along with vga, in any operating system. dont kno why you would have problems with kvm and another os.

Macaholic said:
PS/2, USB, or both? How many rigs are we talking about controlling here?
Just PS/2, three rigs, but two do the same thing. This is with Ubuntu 6.10, Debian Sarge, and Open Suse. I do like to switch to compare the different distros to see which I am going to commit to eventually, and a workable KVM makes that much easier.

I have a basic Belkin 2 port that works fine. The mouse is a little jumpy when I switch over to a Linux pc with it, but it goes back to normal after a few seconds.

Ebola said:
If you're willing to sell a kidney avocent kvms should work just fine.
Much as I like spending lots of cash playing, I already looked at some of the Avocents, and found them a little rich for my blood.

Back