• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LanParty NFII Ultra B SATA and USB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Defcon1

Registered
Hello All...

I've just upgraded my mobo to the DFII Ultra B. System is running rock stable with my 2200XP at 2.2 Ghz. No probs with over-clocking. However, I do have some rather irritating problems, that I was hoping someone here could help me out with...

a) SATA - I installed the SATA driver during the installation of Windows XP Pro (pressing F6 during the installation and loading from the supplied floppy when prompted). The SATA drives are recognized, and I can boot up from them with no problems (XP is installed on a SATA drive). However, in the Device Manager, I'm cannot see the Silicon Image driver as being installed. What I do see is "Mass Storage Controller" with a "?" in front of it. Strangely, all my SATA drives are working flawlessly.

Re-installing the SATA driver from within Windows does not solve the problem. What does happen is that Windows hangs on the start-up screen. An updated driver does not solve the issue. Nor does a "repair-install". Is this normal?

b) I can't get my USB ports to work properly. Installing SP1 does not help. Any time a device connected to any USB port activates, Windows crashes.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi,

Can't help but it seems that my USB ADSL modem is just blocking my oveclocking process:

137 Mhz FSB = OK
138 MHz FSB = no internet connexion and crach if I try to use XP "disconnect USB device" short cut (plus Windows blocked if Restart or Stop requested).

Did you try USB usage whithout overclocking ?
I'll try to overclock 138 USB after having uninstalled USB ADSL Modem and test my system stability at this point.

Umerus

The NF2 chipset is known to crap out audio/lan/usb when it reaches high fsb's (but 138? are you sure it's really 138?) You could try installing WinXP with APIC off (and take a performance hit) or try one of the beta bioses.

Second, place your computer specs in your signature so we can better help you.

Most likely u need to flash to a better bios. Head over to www.dfi-street.com/forum for more help.

Specs of machine in signature as requested.

Over the weekend, I have menaged to solve all machine instabilities. Memory is running currently at 11-3-3-2.5 @ 2.7V, Vcore @ 1.825, Vagp @ 1.7, Vdd at 1.7. System passes all 3D-Mark tests without hick-ups...may run prime today, but I believe it will pass as well.

a) Changing the SATA option in bios to SATA-Raid iso SATA overcomes the "mass storage device" issue, and windows installs the SIL 3114 driver without problems.

b) Nvidia Lan is still quirky. Dropped lan occurs about once over hour or so. I have turned off the feature and am using the Realtek Gigabit lan without problems.

c) USB still fails. Neither USD 1.1 nor USB 2.0 will work. Activation of any USB device crashes Windows. This is a known issue, with no real solution.

Regretfully, I cannot live without USB, and have done enough testing (14 days) plus beta testing of bioses to last me some time. If I can't get the USB functional within the next 2 days, the board goes back, and I revert back to Abit. So far, apart from the nice packaging, this mobo has been a dissapointment.

Back