• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

@ last the beer cooler is here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
great ideas. look forward to seeing pictures of the finished project. so how long do i have to wait?

got side traked with a vapo i sent it off to be modded new condencer coil
and compressor and when i got it back it had been damaged in transit

so i decided to learn how to fix it my self and add a chilly1 evap

regased with r402a

10.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited:
hmm

what you useing for the chipset?

also you shold get a all coper water block(not a plastic like one) and try useing the beer cooler(ghezz your trying phase change and ln2? where are you getting all this cash?)

keeps on looking better tho

this is mighty beautiful. how cool does the AC get the mobos ambient air? checked with it closed yet? and how many panes is the top window? it seems like 2 or more would provide better insulative properties, meaning less heat getting inside there.

am i correct to assume that this is just a setup intended for benching, and not daily use? is it gonna stay in the garage / workshop,, or are you gonna manage to get it moved? i wish i had the money to spend for somethin like that, although i wouldnt go near as big and expensive lol... would stick with a daily gamer / LAN rig.

am i gonna see you pullin through on some bench records with this?

four4875 said:
this is mighty beautiful. how cool does the AC get the mobos ambient air? checked with it closed yet? and how many panes is the top window? it seems like 2 or more would provide better insulative properties, meaning less heat getting inside there.

am i correct to assume that this is just a setup intended for benching, and not daily use? is it gonna stay in the garage / workshop,, or are you gonna manage to get it moved? i wish i had the money to spend for somethin like that, although i wouldnt go near as big and expensive lol... would stick with a daily gamer / LAN rig.

am i gonna see you pullin through on some bench records with this?

i got fed up with having to keep moving things around when i benched
so decided to make an all in one oc rig with every thing i would want to work with in one place
the chamber lid has only one pane of plastic and
the chamber can get down to around -15 with no load in there i was aiming for 10c

those newly acquired skills will come in real handy if you ever need to mod your vapos for SLI blocks.

@joe now there is an idear
from what i have learned so far single stage units are very easy to build

Are you going to freeze that vid card as well?

yes

also you shold get a all coper water block(not a plastic like one)

that was covered earlier that block was just a test for the beer cooler in the beginning and wont be used in the rig
if you look at the pics there is a small block next to the ln2 tube that is going on the voltage circuits on the 78
i will also be doing some sli with blocks

what you useing for the chipset?

if you can find a block to fit on this m/b with two 78s over the top i will buy them

@5 thanks dude

Last edited:
0.0 your doing exactly what im hoping to accomplish as far as not having to regas the compressor and what not but being able to make a chiller that will get me temps below 0c

but if what your doing works, ill probably try to accomplish the same (cooling the whole thing)

I just dont want to have to go through all the trouble and work you have to to regas everything and what not.
otherwise I would make a single stage.

Gimmpy224 said:
0.0 your doing exactly what im hoping to accomplish as far as not having to regas the compressor and what not but being able to make a chiller that will get me temps below 0c

but if what your doing works, ill probably try to accomplish the same (cooling the whole thing)

I just dont want to have to go through all the trouble and work you have to to regas everything and what not.
otherwise I would make a single stage.

welcome to the forum dude

i needed more reach so needed the longer suction line

i have enjoyed making this bench as much as i like to oc

Joe Camel said:
up and running huh?...:drool:WOW:drool:

so what kind of "case" temps are you getting?

throw in that pic of the LN you just got ;)

what this one hehe

am gona start a new thread for the LN2 and benching this thing as it is near finished

just got my xmas presant

ln2.jpg

Last edited:
Nice.. :attn:

Im sure having a chilly1 single phase direct die right there to look at would make it easier to see how there designed.. LOL.. Im currious why he isnt using a TXV valve rather then a cap. tube in them.. maybe he's using a BIG cap. tube to get lower temps?
and the refegerant.. do you have a 608 handleing cert? If not were did you get the refegerant? (If I remember right that one is regulated)
could you leave a link in this thread if you start a new benching thread in another area of the fourm? thanks in advance.. :)

Back