• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

let's beat some hw!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

icebob

ok guys it's getting close, time to shine the shoot,and kick some arse! But remember don't get crazy right off the bat, put some safe scores and walk your way up. We won't win in the first 2 days, it's a war,so strategie is the key, so listen to Dean and follow the plan:rock: But the most important let's have some fun:santa:

beat it, dont kill it. we want to kill the other forums, not our hardware. lol

I was playing with my E8600 using the chiller. The water temp was around 3-4C, but it seems the core sensors get stuck once they are down to 24C. It runs 4.5GHz prime small ftts at 40C. :)

Go Team G-Spot !!!

ok guys it's getting close, time to shine the shoot,and kick some arse! But remember don't get crazy right off the bat, put some safe scores and walk your way up. We won't win in the first 2 days, it's a war,so strategie is the key, so listen to Dean and follow the plan:rock: But the most important let's have some fun:santa:

I'm a little bit confused as to how this is all going to go down.. Do we submit multiple scores over the period of the war? Or do we work to get the highest scores we can get and submit that? How does this work exactly?

Darkstar, we start with posting "safe scores" of all the benches, then update the thread as we improve each bench. That way if someone has a hardware failure, their next best scores are already in their thread.

The reason we win so frequently is because everyone posts overclocked scores. Last forum war, my scores were disappointing, but I had scores submitted. A bad SuperPi beats a zero every time! :)

I'm a little bit confused as to how this is all going to go down.. Do we submit multiple scores over the period of the war? Or do we work to get the highest scores we can get and submit that? How does this work exactly?

It's easy dude, you already post your stock ones. So for now on don't try to kill anything on your first session. You see the way I'm gonna do it is post my scores with water cooling, after that move up to Single stage ( without trying to break any WR) and after that it will be LN2 time, this is when I'm gonna push it hard. Same thing for you, if you run the bench easy @ 4.5ghz, post it, then move up slowly, and post ect... Got it?

Ahh cool I get it now.. That actually makes a lot of sense.

Thanks for clarifying guys! :thup:

Edit: So technically speaking there is no limit to how many posts we can make, and at the end of the submission period, whatever the best score we have is what is submitted?

Ahh cool I get it now.. That actually makes a lot of sense.

Thanks for clarifying guys! :thup:

Edit: So technically speaking there is no limit to how many posts we can make, and at the end of the submission period, whatever the best score we have is what is submitted?

Yep. Thats why we have private scores threads. We can post 10 sets of scores, improving over time, and then the captains say when to post the official scores towards the end of the wars. It also helps make sure we the official scores are correct, no missing timestamps ect.

4.34ghz might be your top now, but by the end of the wars it could 4.54 3d and 4.6 spi1m :).

Good stuff... wooo I can't wait for this to start going down... It's pretty exciting! haha :D

I hope I can push that 4.34 boundary.. now that I have a solid goal in mind I can really put some effort into tweaking that mobo properly.

Back