• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lian-Li Case project

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
nice lapping. Go for the mirror finish by lapping with dry printer paper. It works very well. Plus it stays flat with no solvents. There will be very little scratches. Be sure to re-lap them lightly before mounting, it oxidizes FAST.

You're right though, mirror doesn't do much.

btw, XTRAC MOUSEPAD! Nice choice man, I really miss my ZooM.

more sleeving

Ugh! more sleeving

Now these 2 items are

1) the most highly reccomended chipset replacement for the DFI NF4 boards
And I have heard talk DFI will be useing these on there newer boards.
Evercool twinkling VGA cooler. got this ready in case my Danger den Zchip block does not clear the 7800GT's(SLI)

2) is what I use to clear CMOS/ reset the jumper
it's a toggle with 3 posts and a 3pin fan plug it plugs right on to the cmos jumper pins. and I mount it outside the case on a pci slot cover. Much easier then opening up the case and trying to reach in and move jumper. A definate must for serious OC'ers who need to clear CMOS on a regular basis.

Another great item for serious overclockers, who like to take no chances with corupting a bios is one of these.
http://www.frozencpu.com/bio-04.html
they are basically a 2nd bios chip that you can switch to in case of trouble with your bios. They have saved many OC'ers. of course you can always get a 2nd bios chip and have it for a spare.

Got the OCZ outof the box to take a closer look at it. Very nice:)

Last edited:
Hehe call me stupid, trust me you may but why do you need to reset the CMOS if overclocking? Is it so that if the system is overheating or something you can instantly put it back to its defaults?

NeoSpawn said:
Hehe call me stupid, trust me you may but why do you need to reset the CMOS if overclocking? Is it so that if the system is overheating or something you can instantly put it back to its defaults?

Sometimes when tweaking memory or pushing for highest MHz. possiable. You will get BSOD's, crashes or the computer will not boot. By clearing the CMOS
it brings you back to default setting and will usually allow you to reboot and start testing again. Now the reason I use one of these is because of the location of the jumper on a DFI NF4 board, when in the case with sata cables,floppy cable and then watercooling equipment it a real pain to get to. This makes it very easy to clear cmos without even taking side pannel off.

There not 79XX's but they are bios modded 7800GT's ready for some SLI action

Well I'm done with all the preparations. It's about time to breakout the holesaw and dermal and start mounting radiators. I always suffer a bit of anxiety when getting ready to start cutting on a case. This case especially.

the MCP350 pump that I have
http://www.swiftnets.com/products/mcp350.asp
I modded the pump which increased the flow rate without increasing noise
this pump is silent when running

This mod was done before Alphacool came up with a great aftermarket top for this pump.
Here my pump with the alpha cool top

Now as you can see it's lights up. But you have to do the led mod yourself.
Which to say the least was a Big pain in my ***.

This next pic is of the pump and my modded CPU water block. My Dad in law milled a shallow channel in the surface of the block where I placed a thermal sensor and the sealed it up with artic silver alumina epoxy. This will give me more accurate temps on my CPU temp. I still have some finish work to do on the block before it's ready to go. I basically was checking the accuracy of the sensor today. It's within 1 degree of my calibrated fluke digital thermometer

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr said:
I love the Lian Li V2000A, I plan on putting my Mach1 down in the bottom compartment. Great case :).

Nice work, can't wait to see when it's finished.

Got a pic of you Lian-Li? SS phase units fit very nicely in tha lower compartment
It's something I have considered for the future.

Well with the 3 day weekend, it's time to start cutting and drilling. Figured one pic of it fresh out of the box before any modding or cutting.

Radiators, shrouds and most of the fans installed today.

Rear pannel cutting. Not sure what the finished look will be. It's the rear of the case so It's not really going to be seen by anyone. I may have a custom grille cut for it or just use modders mesh that looks like the front of the Lian-Li case. For now this will work

tomarrow Have to work on filports and pumps. And get the front bays setup.
Who knows I may get around to running some tubing tomarrow.

Some more work today.

This holds 3 HD's and takes up two bay. switched out the lian-Li 80mm fan for a silenXitrma blue led.

These have sound dampening rubber mounts for the fans and HD's

shot of front bays the blank spot will have cpu temp monitoring

This has to lcd displays for water temps on the 2 loops

about ready to run some tubing.

well back to work.

Heres what I have so far. I think with some zipties and some more arranging the tubing will look much neater.

Hopefully by tomarrow evening I'll be leaktesting and then cable managment time. I'm sure glad my HD's are all setup. I'd hate to get this up and running and then have to format and spend hours installing programs.

Well the WC'ing loop for the VC's is up and running going to let it run till late tonite. One dripper at one of the rad fittings. Also powered up some of the lites and fans to make sure there all working. Slowly working on cable routing. The UV blue tubing and cables looks awesome with the yellow UV sleeving (at least I think it does LOL

As soon as I put the other radiator in I can finish arranging the tubing so it looks a bit cleaner/tidy.

Back