• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lian Li PC-A77F or Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vikingsteve

Registered
Okay, I'm probably going to run 3 GTX 580 3GB cards. I don't want to use water cooling (too much to learn, plus the rig already costs a fortune) and I'm stuck between these two cases for which one will best cool and ventilate the heat those 3 580s will be putting out.

Initially, I expected the HAF 932 to do it better, with its larger fans, and side fan. But I also wondered if the 6 fans on the Lian Li could do this just as well, if not better. They also both have blue LEDs, something I personally like :)

If you need the links to each case, here they are:

Lian Li: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112261

Cooler Master: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...=cooler_master_HAF_932-_-11-119-213-_-Product

I appreciate your feedback. It would be really nice to get opinions from owners of both cases, if possible.

I would say go with the HAF 932. But ditch that side fan and use 4x 120mm fans instead.

The 230mm Side fan doesn't move much air, I recommend using four 120mm fans at around 1200rpm. They will push more air and will still be quiet.

I would say go with the HAF 932. But ditch that side fan and use 4x 120mm fans instead.

The 230mm Side fan doesn't move much air, I recommend using four 120mm fans at around 1200rpm. They will push more air and will still be quiet.

I don't have any experience with case modding. Can you tell me how to do that?

No modding is needed. The HAF has mounting holes for the 230mm fan or 4x 120mm fans. Its simply a case of taking the one 230mm fan off and installing 4x 120mm fans in its place. Same with the top 230mm fan, you can take this off and place one, two or three 120mm fans in its place if you wish.

No modding is needed. The HAF has mounting holes for the 230mm fan or 4x 120mm fans. Its simply a case of taking the one 230mm fan off and installing 4x 120mm fans in its place. Same with the top 230mm fan, you can take this off and place one, two or three 120mm fans in its place if you wish.

That's cool. Sounds like it gives the HAF the edge. The Lian Li is already using 120/140mm fans. The only downside to the HAF is that tacky "HAF" writing on the side. I always liked the sleek look of Lian Li. However, the HAF is already at least $100 cheaper... so that's nice.

If anyone has used the Lian Li case, I'd like to hear your opinions on this issue too.

That's cool. Sounds like it gives the HAF the edge. The Lian Li is already using 120/140mm fans. The only downside to the HAF is that tacky "HAF" writing on the side. I always liked the sleek look of Lian Li. However, the HAF is already at least $100 cheaper... so that's nice.

I totally agree. It is tacky! But I've got used to it. It was the best case for cooling at my price range at the time. But if I'm honest it's still one of the best cases for cooling, I would choose it over the HAF X anyday.

I'm not a fan of the HAF's looks personally, but it is a great case for the price. The Lian Li, while I'm sure a great case as well, seems a little over priced. Have you looked at the Corsair 800D?

I love the HAF series cases. I just wish CM would paint ALL of their interiors black and not just their Advanced and Limited Edition lines. Now i need to paint the interior of my 912 before i install the new motherboard and PSU.

I'm not a fan of the HAF's looks personally, but it is a great case for the price. The Lian Li, while I'm sure a great case as well, seems a little over priced. Have you looked at the Corsair 800D?

Yes, I've looked at the 800D. Nothing special to me

I have the lain li A77 and the stock fans are nice and quite, which also means weak. For your 3 vid cards I would vote for the HAF with the 120x4 fan mod.

I disagree. The 210mm fan does move alot of air. It's just that the fan is so large , the air isn't as consentrated as 120mm and much quieter. I have no problem cooling my GTX480, even under load with the fans turned down to 500rpm. the case is also super quiet.

As for the inside, either get the HAF932 advance, the inside is already painted or paint it like I did.

P1030487a.jpg

I don't really care if it is painted or not. I was mainly concerned about the airflow and cooling properties of each.

I've decided on the HAF

Back