• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Like they said, sleeving ain't easy :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i had a go @ doing mine:)
it was hard i must say,but its fun when finished,and lookse better than tape.
just got to finish off the small wires for the extra fans i added this week.

Piccy 1
Piccy 2

I tried to sleeve my PS but it did not turn out to while so I went and bought a aerocool one with blue sleeving already on it.

PSU-aeropowerII%2Bon.jpg

The time pays off when you see the result. I sleeved my old PSU, took seemingly forever but that was a piece of pride for me.

Maximus_OC said:
a decent option in between the all out sleeving and then the electrical tape is to use the stuff that you use putting amps in cars. radio shack calls it split tubing.
split.jpg

I use this when I build computers for other people. Looks clean, but doesn't take to long to do. I try to route as many power cables as I can behind the mobo tray as well. Then anything that has to show in the front of the case I put this split tubing on. I just get some zip ties to match whatever color i use.

Ughhhh... I did that originally on my PSU, and I hated it. Looked horrible IMO. I ended up sleeving my PSU myself.

A word to the wise -> Those sleeving kits are junk. They don't have enough of anything and give you like 10 feet of 1/2" sleeving. The only place in my whole case where I used 1/2" sleeving was on the ATX connector. All my molex lines are covered in 1/4" sleeving.

wow you guys really think so. I think it is a big step up from tape. But no where near the quality of heat sleeving. I don't have a pic of the last computer I built for a friend, but it turned out nice. Computer inside and out was all black and I used black split and the other cables were black. If you take the time to route the cables in an organized way, and zip tie the split tubing every 3 inches or so it can look decent. Far better than nothing or tape.

Back