• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

List your BF3 hardware here - Are you ready?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
In my sig is my system. I expect to get playable framerate with a mix of high and ultra settings at 1920x1200.

2600k (4c/8t) @ 4.5ghz
4GB DDR3-2200
GTX 580 (stock clocks)
24'' 1920x1200

I average between 50-70 fps depending on the location.

Last edited:
Sig =)

GTX 580 with a Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme Plus clocked at a humble 1,000Mhz core and 2200 memory! I also have a 2500k clocked to a modest 5.1Ghz. I hope its enough to play on ultra.

with [H] doing a beta review i am waiting to buy my vid card i need anyways since it seems numbers are ALL over the place and they don't even apparently have all graphics options enabled yet in the beta.

sig rig. I'm hoping I'll be able to try the game on high, we'll see though. I don't have much faith in my 5970 being able to handle the game fluidly.

sig rig. I'm hoping I'll be able to try the game on high, we'll see though. I don't have much faith in my 5970 being able to handle the game fluidly.

Your joking, right? :sly: Your 5970 should easily do high, maybe even ultra. Much better than one 580 or 6970, that's for sure. I can't wait to test out my CF setup on it, I'm interested to see if I'll be able to rock ultra at 1080p.

Your joking, right? :sly: Your 5970 should easily do high, maybe even ultra. Much better than one 580 or 6970, that's for sure. I can't wait to test out my CF setup on it, I'm interested to see if I'll be able to rock ultra at 1080p.

In the beta people have really hit or miss performance with 5970s so we will have to see.

What kinda frames were you getting?? The benches I've seen of the 5970 are just behind CF 6870s, only because the scaling on the 5xxx series isn't nearly as good as the 6xxx series.

Edit: actually, it's almost exactly the same as a 6850 CF setup.

Beta drivers and beta game. Wait at least 2.3 months after release before deciding to upgrade from a FRIKN 5970! WTH ya gunna upgrade TO? A ****n 590?

Eh... Maybe. But they're hard to come by and they've been reported to burn up easily when overclocking them. Plus a 6990 beats it in just about everything. If I could, I'd get a 6990. I can't go SLI or X-Fire because my soundcard is a PCI Sound Blaster X-Fi Gamer and sits right next to the X16 GPU slot...

I was getting about 70-90 outside on metro with 2X AA at 1920*1200 with things on high. and about 110-130 inside the tunnels. But on Caspian Border, I was dipping down into the 40s and 50's looking at trees. Turning off AA helped, but the game didn't look nearly as pretty... You can say I'm an eye candy freak :-/

I got between 90-125 on Metro, depending where I was. Outside it was around 90, in the Subway it was usually stable at like 125. When I first would go in through the tunnel into the subway, it would drop to like low 70s for a second.

On Caspian I got 70-80.

It will probably be significantly higher with my OC, as those were on the stock 3.2Ghz. I get a 15 FPS gain in Metro 2033 with this OC so I should have something huge in BF3.

Back