• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a cheap alt to an IPod?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
eh? said:
yea it does look ok. Can you get a shot with it on? so i can see what the menu looks like

Haven't got it yet, that was pulled from a review, but when I get it, will do.

As far as IPods at Target, I have been looking at my Target and they have a spot for them, but haven't got any in yet. If I can get a 10 gig for $200 I'd grab it up.

The trick is getting it for $200. You can't even get the 5gb ones USED off EBay for $200 unless you find the rare super low price Buy-it-Now deal. You got a killer deal for $169. Congrats on that.

They are so trendy its keeping the price on even used models expensive. Sometimes it pays to go the not-so-trendy way.

i just ordered a nomad zen from dell for $230 shipped. $255 according to june catalog, minus 10%, no tax, plus free shipping = $229.xx. best deal i've seen.

Treo_10_transparent_larger.jpg

Here is a picture of the Treo 10 w/ screen on & backlit.

Be warned that the Treo 10 is different then the 15. I have a 10 from ebay and not the 15 so I can't get a pic of the 15 screen on. Sorry.

Newegg is out anyway, but if you want a Treo 10 its on ebay for $130 Buy-it-Now and $8 shipping.

ps it is a silver aluminum case and the buttons are pretty much flush with the unit.

I still prefer MP3CD players. MUCH longer bttery life (10-25hours depending on the moel) and they don't cost anywhere near as much ($50-$120). I love using 2 or 3 CD-RWs to switchand swap wha kind of musical mood I'm in.

The Panasonic and RioVolt models are equally nice.

Batman@ said:
i suggest the nomad zen, i bought one, and THEY HAVE THE BEST, HANDS DOWN BEST SOUND in a portable device.
Compared to what? How do you measure the quality of sound? I listened to an iPod and it sounded pretty amazing, so I'm curious about the details.

scrappydog said:

Compared to what? How do you measure the quality of sound? I listened to an iPod and it sounded pretty amazing, so I'm curious about the details.

Yeah, if you're listening to it on the speakers it came with or some $20-40 headphones then you have no idea.

Someday I'm going to get a headphone amp and a better set of headphones (the HD280 Pro's are about as good as you should get with out the expensive amp :( )

I wasn't looking at the Rio units for a reason and can't remeber why, but that is a killer deal on 20 gigs.

I think it can't be used for data storage. i.e an external HD and a few other things, but like I said I can't remeber.

Back