• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a coooooooool case...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoodleGTS

Hi guys,

So I've decided that as much as I love my Fatal1ty case, I have to let it go. It gets way too hot inside and my components barely have any room to breath. With that said, I'm looking for a new case! I'm very picky so I'm having a hard time. Luckily everyone here is also picky...

My components are pretty recent and pretty fast.. GPUs and CPU are overclocked and therefore generate plenty of heat. Heat dissipation is one of my big concerns. I need a case that is water cooling friendly (has space for rads without modding) since I'm thinking of going for water cooling soon.

Secondly.. I want it to be QUIET!!!!! I'm VERY bothered by loud computers so the quieter I can make this thing, the better.

Lastly: I need a case that doesn't look completely ridiculous. I used to rock a lazer blue spraypainted Dell 400Mhz machine back in the day, but now I'm trying to be a little more discrete.

Options so far:

Silverstone TJ10: http://www.silverstonetek.com/products/p_contents.php?pno=tj10&area=usa
I can mount 3 rads inside the case w/o modding (but they have to be 3 separate rads...)

Cooler Master Stacker 830 Evo:
http://www.coolermaster.com/products/product.php?act=detail&tbcate=17&id=14
Plenty of fans, but don't know where I can mount a big rad...

I'm open to suggestions.

Last edited:
What about the CM Cosmos ?

I actually don't like the way it looks. Besides, i spent a lot of time making this graphic :D... I really like the idea of a water cooled TJ-09 or TJ-10. Probably will be 09 because theres not much difference and its almost $100 cheaper..

tj-09.jpg

Do you think that could work to cool my overclocked Quad? Digital Storm computers uses pretty much this same rad setup and they get good reviews.

So wait, you have three single 120 radiators on the same loop? That is a little ridiculous, especially if it is CPU only.
I think you might be better off with just having a 2X120mm radiator mounted on the top of the case since there is already a spot set up for it. At least I think there is.

So wait, you have three single 120 radiators on the same loop? That is a little ridiculous, especially if it is CPU only.
I think you might be better off with just having a 2X120mm radiator mounted on the top of the case since there is already a spot set up for it. At least I think there is.

Quads are running warm on 3 x 120 when overclocking heavy. Hell bring on 3! :D

I have a silverstone case....COLD and QUIET. I am never switching again. Easy to use, easy to clean, easy to own....what can anyone ask for?!?!?!

burn3r

I agree a golden monkey with endless money would be nice. It is in fact very heavy --- so I wouldnt say that is the best part of this case.

burn3r

Are you guys okay with the setup that I drew then? I think I might go for it if I continue to have heat problems once I install the Zalman VF1000s.

Back