• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for manual Fan Controller

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Larzo

Hello

My old fan controller Scythe Kaze Q12 just blew one capacitator and i almost died from heart attack.

Is there anything on the market that can control 10-12 120/140mm 3pin fans ?

Can i use something like this Lamptron FC2 Fan Controller 5.25" to control 2 fans per channel ?

thanks for any suggestions.

I have a Lamptron, not used it in a while as everything is on the motherboard these days. But yeh it worked good and could easily handle multiple fans per channel.

Thanks ! Motherboards can control only 4pin fans right ? I am on old z77 board (AM4 soon) so have have no idea.

Fans will be mostly normal Noctua/ be quiet. Nothing super powerful.

Thanks ! Motherboards can control only 4pin fans right ? I am on old z77 board (AM4 soon) so have have no idea.
Depends on the board. Some can do both PWM and voltage control. Check the manual.

Fans will be mostly normal Noctua/ be quiet. Nothing super powerful.
Look up the wattage rating of the fans. Divide 45 by the wattage rating of the fan, which will roughly give you how many fans you can run per channel.

On MB's with 4 pin headers you can run 3 or 4 pin fans, for 3 pin fans just go in the BIOS and set to voltage controlled.
All MB's with PWM can be set for voltage control.

Lamptron FC2 5.25" is on the way :)

Thanks everyone for advice!

Back