• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for new massively online multiplayer game

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yuriman

I am in need of a new game, and I would like one of those massively online ones. I saw a banner add for eve, but it looks....what would you guys recomend? I prefer one that is space related, but any will do. Preferably with a demo I can try.

The only space-based MMO I know of is EVE, and SWG when the space expantion comes out in a month or two.

Both of them have trials also.

Im downloading the EVE trial, but the review sites slaughtered it. What about just general mmorpgs are there? My friend has been eyeing everyquest 2.

I heard Dark Age of Camelot is very good, my friend liked it a lot. Also Lineage 2 is fun. Right now I'm beta testing Matrix Online and it's damn horrible, and that's why it's been delayed now until January :-D

hmmm MMO's that are out now:

Ultima Online
EverQuest 1
Asherons Call 1
Dark Ages of Camelot
Asherons Call 2
Shadow Bane
City of Heros
Lineage 2
Anarchy Online
Ryzom (comes out tom. sept 20th)

PlanetSide - a FPS MMO

sorry if i missed any those were just off the top of my head.

*edit*
forgot:
Star Wars Galaxies
Final Fantasy XI

both of which of expansions coming out soon

Last edited:
I'm playing City of Heroes, and it's one of the funnest I've played. It's very fast paced, and the character developement is pretty deep.

I played DAoC for the first two years of it's existence, but gave it up because competition in that game is very fierce. If you don't buy the xpacks and level up to everyone else's level, you'll get stomped in the PvP game. The perfectly engineered gank groups, as well as the mindless zergs made the end-game not very fun for me, but the PvP xpack may have fixed that.

EVE is good depending what you do. You do have to be in a large group to get rich and to lots of things. Beside it being safer, but lots of time needs to be invested into it to get anywhere (mainly the time for traveling). Its a good game never the less and the GM's acutally listen and help people, besides the Dev's listening to the people. I'd play it again if I'd have time.

As for Linage 2, I heard from friends that basically GM's do nothing on US servers. Its a bunch of farming people wreaking the game to make cash and selling it on eBay, never the less before that happpened it was a great game he said.

As for ones coming out EQ2 and WoW are top of my list. I already pre-ordered EQ2, so if that doesn't seem the way I was hoping, WoW will have my vote big time.

I didn't like Lineage 2, it just seemed like an ENDLESS grind. I must admit though, I only played it for a week before giving up; I'm sure it gets better later on.

SWG was great for the 6-7 months I played it, but got tired of the griefers.

I played Ultima Online for 4 years, it was my favorite MMORPG until EA took over and added in neon colors, super duper l33t robes of killiness, etc..

Yuriman said:
EVE doesnt offer a trial any more....from what I saw. I'll look into SWG.

I am on the Eve Trial at the moment, and i Love it. I cant seem to get enuf of it. Will start a paying account this weekend.

I highly recommend Eve Online. :clap:

oo_7

Ian Cody said:
I find Stratics to be a good source for MMOs, reviews and lots of good resources, news on up and comings also.
http://swg.allakhazam.com/news/

Allakhzam is my personal favorite SWG, FFXI, etc. helpsite ATM. It lists how to do every major "quest" and where to get this or that.

EDIT: I am an SWG player but a tad bit bored ATM. My name is Fantom Darkdust on Naritus so if you need any armor, weapons, pets, vehicles, homes, or help in general give me a pm.

All you EVE onliners drop me an evemail. Character name: Tarm. I'm active in PIE and have a blast. It would be fun to chat a bit in-game.

AGampher said:
All you EVE onliners drop me an evemail. Character name: Tarm. I'm active in PIE and have a blast. It would be fun to chat a bit in-game.

Will do, my name is: eve warrior

*I even took next week off work to play, cant seem to get enuf... :clap:

Last edited:
Back