• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for some help, since Tech Support is terrible.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would like to say that one 8800GTX should get higher than 14,000 by itself with a quad. I have an 8800GT on a dual core and it gets 14,500 in 3dMark06.

Alright, so. I removed one of the 8800GTX's and added some new RAM, 4gb(2gbx2) of Dual Channeling memory (G.Skill). The 3DMark06 score I got just now is 12527. I'll be removing the other video card and putting the one I took out back in to test it.

Alright, now the computer won't even start for some reason. When I removed the other graphics card and put the other one in to test. The tower would go on for about two seconds, then just turn off again. Sometimes I would get beep until it just turned off and sometimes I wouldn't.

I tried reseting CMOS and I'm still having the same problem. The tower will turn on for about two seconds, then turn off again. Also had the interesting issue that when I put my computer into sleep or standby, the motherboard, gpu, cpu, etc., would turn off, but the tower would still be on and running. The fans, etc.

Any ideas on what the new problem could be?

Well, for the old problem, put back in the old card and see if it posts fine...if so, then you know where your problem lays.

Well, for the old problem, put back in the old card and see if it posts fine...if so, then you know where your problem lays.

I think I tested it like that and it didn't start, and I also tested it without any graphics cards in the system and it didn't start either.

Did you put it in the primary slot? If so, then odds are that card needs to be RMA'd.
Uhh... what? I put both cards into the primary slot to test them. I took both out to check if the system would start, and it still didn't.

Still can't figure this problem out... Not sure what could have happened. I'm starting to think it's a bigger problem like a short or something along those lines.

Pull it all out and put it back together again. Take the CPU off the board and take the MB out of the case. Try it out of the case first and then see what happens.

So now it won't boot with even 1 8800GTX? I originaly suspected it was a problem with either 1 of your video cards or just an SLI issue, as SLI is far from perfect and issues like you mention are not uncommon.

have you tried both video cards individually?
I tried it with one of the graphics cards, had the same result, lower 3DMark06 score, and added RAM at that time.

I came out, removed the graphics card and put the other one in to test it, and it didn't start up. I tried removing that card and putting the other one back in to see if it would start, it didn't. I removed all the cards and tried to start it, but it wouldn't start up.

Got the same problem, starts for about a second or two, case wise, then turns back off.

Back