• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking to build a new pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Download and install the latest gpu driver from AMD. Also, try a different HDMI cable. Those things are fairly fragile and I find I have to replace them now and then.

Currently have one monito plugged directly into GPU, while the other is USB 3.0 > HDMI adapter, but I am getting lag on the second monitor. I checked refresh rates and drivers, all seem to be fine.

Can USB keep up with HDMI? I would expect lag if there was much demand on the video subsystem like when gaming but it might be okay in light computing tasks. I've never tried USB to HDMI before though I know they make those adapters. Most of the people I know who use those things are running things like presentations.

Are both of these monitors 1080p? What is there vertical refresh frequency? Are they the same make and model?

When you experience lag what are you doing? Are you playing a game on one and surfing the net on the other? Under what circumstances does the lag occur?

Other than these questions, I don't have any more bright ideas but if you continue to have issues running dual monitors I would reach out to Powercolor.

Back