• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LOOOOOONG list to do.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
no overlockering at all. none. nada.

when i get a job, then i will overclock the system. i will also use my first paycheck to pay for a new PSU.

for now, i just need a good power supply that powers the whole thing.

one that wont explode, die, come DOA, just a power supply that knufire thinks is best for the system. a power supply that even jesus would feel is best. something like that.

Good power supplies aren't horribly expensive. $910 for a build, you can build something that you don't need to cheap out on.

Assuming your PSU could power it, how much would you OC the GPUs when you have two?

Good power supplies aren't horribly expensive. $910 for a build, you can build something that you don't need to cheap out on.

Assuming your PSU could power it, how much would you OC the GPUs when you have two?

in my world, 100 dollars is alot. its as rare as the hearing test you take when you were 5 or something. and can be easily used up so quickly like as if you ate your most favorite donut thats hard for you to get.

if i had a job, and if i used my job to get my 700 watt power supply, i would overclock the GPUs till i start to see some video artifacts. then i would drop by the mhz until the artificats go away leaving it at the highest clock speed it can handle.

but again, for now, i just dont trust my self in purchasing power supplys and i prefer it if knufire picked for me. i have a feeling i might purchase a bad brand, make, or model and it would end up dieing or due and take my system with it to the trash can.

i just throught up of a cute idea.

what if i just purchase the corsair power supply and then use the two AT power supplys i have to power two of these cards here

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127681

they come wtih the molex to 6 pin adapter so idk how i would power up the system xD

btw the two AT power supplys are 150 watts each. i think...im pretty sure they are higher ten that.

Chaining PSUs together gets complicated really fast...no need to do it unless you need to.

The 7870 is a 175W card as well...and I doubt the AT PSU can output 100% of it's capacity on the 12V rail, which is what the video card uses.

Back