• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Making a gaming computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Is it worth it to invest in higher then 1080p? I mean, does it make that much bang for your buck difference?

I have the NZXT 810 switch in black. And for me, it's worth getting a 1440p monitor. Lot of space for work and excellent detail while gaming. It's one of those things that once you try, there's no way back.

I don't need any extra cooling or anything at all? I feel like I am missing something

On the first page it says you have a custom CPU cooler and for 180 bucks I expect the fans that come with the case do fine.

Good, And I like the window on the nzxt switch 810 whoever posted that

anhikilator suggested that case - it really looks nice, kind of sad I already have a case and the nzxt is so expensive :(

Take your time when building the PC, read or ask if you are not sure. And then most important is cable management. I there should be room on the back of the case where you can hide all the cables. Just browse through the Post pictures of your leet system thread and get some ideas.
Here is my cable management, not the best I think but you get the idea.
manage.jpg

And if you like you can replace your fans with LED fans, or use LEDs, cold light cathodes etc. to make it look better the way you want.

By the way, any tips to make it look good on the inside?

What I really like about the NZXT is all the holes in the motherboard tray to hide the cables. All my cables are being held behind the panel so you only see the cables going from the device to the nearest hole. That what I like, a clear look. So far I have the factory heat sink and I'm embarrassed of showing the pc as is right now. By the end of the month, I'll be buying the h220 and will send you some pics.

Idkfa, I love the look of that green LEDs, I want to get blue I think

That is true, what about red and green? I can't think of other good color combination

I know I will have to come back after I get set up, for instruction on lighting, lol I'm helpless

Thanks to both of you! You guys have been a great help, now i have to convince the wife that i need a new gaming computer, she doesn't like me spending money, (even if it is mine)

Back