• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

maximum heat..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sexualmayo

I am new to overclocking and i have a very simple question.

What is the maximum heat that you should allow your CPU to get to.

I overclocked my friends cpu not knowing what the hell i was doing but its running around 40 degrees celsius.

I have him running a program called SpeedFan.

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

His computer is also located in a desk and i told him to take it out if it gets to hot. It doesnt get any ventilation so i dont know if the heat is high because of OC or because of no way of hot air getitng out.

I also put in 1 case fan. I only OCed 200mhz.

yes we are aware of speedfan, but what we need from you is your temps right now, and your rig configuration, see my sig as a guide.

Well see we had this problem.....

My friend gave him a 1.9 ghz Pentium 4 Processor.
We slapped on a crappy heatsink that came with it.

We turned it on and it will only run at 800 Mhz. I was like WTF.
So i changed the FSB from 100mhz to 133mhz and it bumped up to 1.06ghz.

Hes got a Soyo Mobo, some crap PSU/case, 120 Maxlock HD, ATI 9550, 512 pc2700, 1 80mm Case fan.

sounds like the heat is due to the OC, but being in a desk enclosure is not good either, if it has a door on it, at the very least if you are going to leave it in there, make sure the door is open. And 40 is not that bad, its definely usable.

What is a "danger" area for heat that i should be worried about.

55 celsius + ?

Back