• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mod Sketch -- need comments, suggestions -- please take a look!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kino

well sinve ive got my new case in, ive been full into modding it, so today i sat down and planned my mods, heres what i planned:
- a 3-window lexan side panel with chrome molding all around
- paint the inside of the case of the case with red UV reactive paint (sorry there fushy, i just loved that idea ;))
- a flaming skull red UV reactive 80mm acrylic fan guard
- red uv reactive rounded IDE/Floppy cables
- Dual UV CCFLs

heres my lil sketch so you can get the idea....

casemodsketch.JPG

(sorry for the crappy image quality, i dont have a scanner and haad to take a pic of the sheet of paper i had it in)

I must say this is my first mod, and after this the only mod ill do in the near future might be a top 120mm blowhole, as i dont have money to do it right now, but my birthdays coming on the 14th... so i might as well delay the whle thing until then.....hmmm

Thanks in advance,
- Kino

Last edited:
sorry i hae never seen this before but it happened 2 days ago as well, i expect its something to do with the forums because i have seen others do it. I didnt mean for it i just hit submit and close down IE. Ok well im outta here. ill try and delte one of those.

~Zoltan

Edit: i managed to delete it :D

yeah it is only happening here and not on many of the other websites i visit

this server is very slow for some reason. i think maybe thier provider isnt doing so well and needs some optimization

if u can make that 3 panel window that thing look sawsome cant wait till its dona man o yea welcome to moddding and good luck with it

if u can make that 3 panel window that thing look sawsome cant wait till its dona man o yea welcome to moddding and good luck with it

well ill just cut real slowly, plan things out very well, also what tool should i use to cut out the lexan hole for the fan? i heard acrylic melts and cracks when cut out too fast, is it the same with lexan?

wow..... countermods you doubleposted too....

- Kino

Made some minor changes to the whole sketch, i went for a more "real" approach to this mod so i made a cardboard side panel (thanks to modenaf1 for that idea... hmmm havent seen him in awhile btw...) with all the exact measures of my current one, drew up my windows and checked how big of a lexan sheet i had to get, heres the new sketch:

cardboardmarkedsidepanel.JPG

- the lines on the edges represent where the sidepanel connects to the case, a stay-away-from-here sign, basically :)
- the dotted line represents how big of a lexan sheet i need (15"x16")
- the rectangular thing an inch left of the 80mm hole is the handle that came with the case

i scraped off the metal part where the fan was supposed to be for 2 reasons:
1. i had forgotten completely i could mount the fan directly on the lexan. :p
2. the metal part where the fan was supposed to go cut out too much visibility on one of the most looked at parts (around the cpu-nb area, also the video card)

comments and suggestions are always welcome

im going to go out one of these days to see if i can get a good price on a lexan 15"x16" sheet, and how much does the local autoshop charges per foot of chrome molding, if prices are bad, online it is! :D , ill make sure to make one of those mod journal thingies, and keep you all posted!

- Kino

Edit: i was also thinkin on that uv reactive red grill, do you think it . will be just too much red? i mean, ima paint the inside of the case uv red, and with a red grill it will just look TOO red... i was thinking maybe an acrylic reflective grill from koolpcmods.com? i need suggestions on that

Last edited:
the second design is much better than the first. but to be honest it still seems a little "flat". No matter what it will look great!

ok i still need suggestions if i should still get the rev UV grill or get a Chrome (reflective) one instead

got the molding already :) havent got to look for lexan yet, ill call up some sotres one of these days to see

comments on the design are welcome as always, and btw im still waiting to see what surreal meant with "flat" :-/

Last edited:
i like the second design much better. its much cleaner in asthetics.
2. the metal part where the fan was supposed to go cut out too much visibility on one of the most looked at parts (around the cpu-nb area, also the video card)
this was a good decision and very important when planning.

thorilan said:
yeah it is only happening here and not on many of the other websites i visit

this server is very slow for some reason. i think maybe thier provider isnt doing so well and needs some optimization
No, our DB server had died and we had the DB moved over to the frontend server, hence the slowness, as it was dying it was killing the speed. We thanks to some very generous donations were able to replace it with a Dual Xeon setup which should either be on it's way out to the Co-loc, or will be going soon. It's not the provider.

Thanks! :)

J :cool:

still havent found any places selling lexan sheets, all theyve got is acrylic, oh this one store wanted to charge me 45 bux for a 12x 12 sheet... no way
damn 5th world countries... :-/
but i guess ill order the lexan from usplastics or mcmastercarr}
got the molding already, my side panel is covered with masking tape already, just havent got to cut it....
also i still cant decide if i should get a UV reactive (red) grill or a chrome reflective one, i just think with the cables and uv paint coat inside the case, it will just look "too red"
so the lexan sheet and decide on a grill is all i need, everything else is under control..... just waiting for my birthday (sunday) so i can get money to order that stuff.

- Kino

Back