• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

modular cable for Silver Power SP-S850M

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

peugot

hey! so i found out that i cant find the cables i didnt need and stuffed away some years ago. what im trying to find is the 4 pin for the cpu, where can i get a new one of those ? 116ce80e-424d-4fe8-997b-2d7e9be9a16d.jpg

the extra 4pin cpu isnt always needed unless your pushing major volts to the cpu. All you need for 100% stable no super duper volts to cpu is the 8pin cpu

And Dino what motherboards have you ever gotten that supplied a 4pin cpu cable for your psu???

the extra 4pin cpu isnt always needed unless your pushing major volts to the cpu. All you need for 100% stable no super duper volts to cpu is the 8pin cpu

And Dino what motherboards have you ever gotten that supplied a 4pin cpu cable for your psu???

Sin's right: I run my x99 (in sig) with the 8pin only, and I never ran into issue, even when going up to 1.55v on the CPU for some suicide runs.

Rock [email protected]/1.33v.

no my motherboard didnt :/ the cable i am thinking of goes from an 8 pin on the psu all the way to 2x4 i believe on the other side. it did come with the psu but i lost it haha. it has run ok for some time but i cant push the cpu very high on clock so i was thinking maybe it has to do with this 4 pin ? like the 8 pin will give enough volt but the 4 pin may come to use to help on stability so i can get higher ?

^The 4 pin will help (maybe) for LN2 benching. Not even sure with a 6 cores.

It won't help delivering a better quality current.

What are your vcore, cache (freq and voltage) and input voltage settings?

^The 4 pin will help (maybe) for LN2 benching. Not even sure with a 6 cores.

It won't help delivering a better quality current.

What are your vcore, cache (freq and voltage) and input voltage settings?

ah so its no point then.. this is what i could find atm, never touched the cache.

Attachments

• Uten navn3.png
    Uten navn3.png
    25.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Uten navn2.png
    Uten navn2.png
    6 KB · Views: 41
  • Uten navn.png
    Uten navn.png
    26 KB · Views: 42
You could set the cache to 4000MHz/1.15v. Should be stable (maybe 1.2v). Will bring a little bit extr aperformance.

What have you tried to get a higher frequency on the core?

Quite straight forward, you should be able to hit 4.5GHz with 1.25/1.3v max. Unless CPU is really a dog (which unfortunately happens sometimes...).

What are your temps on load (Aida64 or any stress test)?

You could set the cache to 4000MHz/1.15v. Should be stable (maybe 1.2v). Will bring a little bit extr aperformance.

What have you tried to get a higher frequency on the core?

Quite straight forward, you should be able to hit 4.5GHz with 1.25/1.3v max. Unless CPU is really a dog (which unfortunately happens sometimes...).

What are your temps on load (Aida64 or any stress test)?

i shall look into cache then, tnx :) i have tried to finetune the vcore and clockspeed and it is fully stable at 4.4ghz at 1.245v, but i need 1.3 at least to get it stable at 4.5ghz. i think it not really worth it considering that much more for a .1 extra oc... here is the highest peak temp (68c) i get when stresstesting

Attachments

• Skjermbilde.JPG
    Skjermbilde.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 38
You are good with 1.3v for 4.5GHz.

Temps are damn good for 1.25v though!

You could try to increase the input voltage to 1.9v. That sometimes helps (usually for higher clocks, but worth a try).

They're good. You still have a good 10c margin.

Now time to take this cache to 4GHz+.

Start with 4GHz/1.15v, see if stable, which should be, and go up from there. You're good with up to 1.25v for cache.

i tried that and it freeze instantly... it does however run stable 4.5 @ 1.289v now, it would not before :S. but when i tried 4.6ghz it would not do it on 1.32 :p

- - - Updated - - -

so what i tought was maybe this 4 pin would help ?

so what i tought was maybe this 4 pin would help ?

Nope...

Try 4GHz/1.2v. Does your motherboard has the OC socket? If not, Cache OC is limited at around 3.5/3.6GHz max.

Edit: I've googled it and it seems not (not 100% sure though).

not sure either. however i built a pc for a friend and we had the cable in question here was leftover from a evga psu. can i use that cable on my silver power psu, like is there a standard layout or do i risk frying **** if i try ?

Back