• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitor for Gaming?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Joshh100

Hey all,
I was just wondering about what kind of monitor to get that is good for gaming.. I want to get a flat panel monitor but I've heard that only monitors with a digital input (DVI) are really good for that. Let me know though because Im not exactly sure what to do. Eventually I will probably get one and spend the $700 on one because they are really sexy looking. Ok thanks. Just let me know.

LCD panels have come a long way. I myself am purchasing a Benq FP767B 17" Flat panel on Monday.

its 378.00 at some stores. there's also a 30 dollar rebate on the unit from Benq until the end of the month.

the specs are great! and there has been more than a few members on the forums that have loved theirs.

it doesn't have DVI but the people that have them say there isn't much difference if any at all.

the important specs is 16ms response time and 500:1 contrast ratio which is quite high end. 16ms response time = no ghosting = problem free gaming.

if you must have DVI then i'd suggest the Dell 1800FP which is a 18.1" screen and its 485.00 at the same site i linked you to above.

thanks a lot! Is there some reason why that monitor is so cheap though?? I have seen CRT monitors more expensive and 17" LCD's more expensive also?

I have a CTX 17.1" TFT - no dead pixels and I notice no ghosting at all - perfect for gaming.

Joshh100 said:
thanks a lot! Is there some reason why that monitor is so cheap though?? I have seen CRT monitors more expensive and 17" LCD's more expensive also?
its just a good deal.

if you look elsewhere you will see it sold for 450 or more.

Maxvla,

I noticed that ExcaliberPC didn't seem to have the black model. That's too bad as they just lost a sale.

The black is just easier on the eyes and doesn't distract from the screen image like white or beige do.

Are you getting yours from your linked store?

thats what i have stt, a 9500pro. should be great combo with the Benq.

Back