• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitor Sleep mode dont work.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rush69

Say i set power options to turn monitor off in 15 min and it doesnt work.
i got WinXp pro.
Asus a7v mobo
Athlon 900
512 ram
Geforce4 4200 128ram
i have drivers installed for my card and monitor. anyone had that problem ? and it seemed to happen after i got my geforce4 i had geforce2 GTS before and it worked like a charm.
Thanks

everything is enabled.

and my monitor supports its it. worked before... i think its geforce4 drivers or something... i got the latest nvidia drivers of their webpage.

I've noticed then by changing some of the Xp drivers it turns off, so you should check from the osd of your monitor (i have a ctx and i make it that way) if it is on. however, it is better for the monitor not to use this, but to shut it off.

What kind of mouse do you have?

Optical and trackballs sometimes the laser starts to jitter over time. When my monitor would get off sleep for no reason I'd clean the mouse.

its optical mouse.

but spawn video cards and all of the suddent monitor wont shutdown so i thinks its the card and my hardware......... mouse it fine too checked it on another puter all works. maybe my monitor drivers should be changed too... but they worked before i got geforce4.

Try putting the mouse on a dark surface rather than a light reflective one?

I have an optical trackball as well as a trackball. When I wanna sleep, I take the ball out and turn it upside down at that dust particles or something don't start activating the mouse.

i took mouse out.

i unpluged the mouse and same results... maybe i can try waiting for new nvidia drivers maybe they reflect on my hardware somehow and causig this problem.

Back