• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

More Fans, Where to plug???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Animal

I have about 100 old cases with power supply fans in them, so I'm salvaging them.
What I need to know is how and where to pick up the 12 volts to run them.
Any help would be appreciated!
Thx.

Hey

I took a lead off of the PSU and dedicated it to fans. Now whenever i need to add something just splice and solder into that lead or a wire coming from it. then cover it with white electrical tape so it glows under the blacklight. If you really wanted to be professional you could build a fanbus for all the fans, which looks nicer but is a whole lot of trouble and costs more.

Just a matter of what you want.

Cullen
Duron700@1ghz no more :(

The yellow wires coming out of the PSU ar +12V all the black wires are ground wires, If you don't feel like patching into a black wire you can use the case as it is also a common ground.

you can get a fanbus by cliff anderson on www.2cooltek.com it supports up to 4 fans each fanbus. its a pretty nifty contraption...hope that helps

piffdog

And that concludes cooking with a 486. On tomorrows show we'll show you how to grill hamburgers off of a copper "hot" plate!!!

Back