• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Multi GPU Folding Walkthrough

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That sounds like a Nvidia file?
You kind of skipped a step ;)

Please redo the section labeled "Configure shortcuts and folders". There are files you need to copy that you didn't or your shortcut isn't setup right.

No I grabbed them and had the three installed. If you mean cudart.dll I had it in the folder. Its looking for nvcuda.dll which isn't listed in the walkthrough. Again I'm trying this on ATI hardware. CUDA I'm pretty sure is a Nvidia only deal.

No I grabbed them and had the three installed. If you mean cudart.dll I had it in the folder. Its looking for nvcuda.dll which isn't listed in the walkthrough. Again I'm trying this on ATI hardware. CUDA I'm pretty sure is a Nvidia only deal.
I've seen people on the 3870x2 use the GPU2 client. I've also hit this issue if my shortcut had the wrong "start in" directory.

:clap: ...very nice indeed. Thanks thideras! :beer:

/hopes my two 8800GTs get here in the mail today. :)

no im meant gpu. 1.07 is supposed to be multiple gpu, i dont see running multiple clients on multiple gpus as multi-gpu if thats what they meant. ow well, time to get folding.

i got unstable machine on both.

Last edited:
no im meant gpu. 1.07 is supposed to be multiple gpu, i dont see running multiple clients on multiple gpus as multi-gpu if thats what they meant. ow well, time to get folding.
I was confused by this at first also. When they say "multi gpu" they mean that multiple instances can be running.

Example:
Before SMP came out, people with HT or multi cores ran two instances of the single CPU client, much like what we are doing with the GPU client. One instance per "core". They then came out with the SMP client, one instance that use more than one core. Hopefully they will do the same with the GPU client.

im working on getting my second gpu water cooled, then im all over this also. so by adding the NV_FAH_DISPLAY or whatever it is we dont have to have the second monitor? im tired of loosing my mouse on the other monitor that isnt there.

I would suggest you follow the guide and just temporarily use 2 monitors. I had instructions for just one screen, but I couldn't get it to work :-/

I would suggest you follow the guide and just temporarily use 2 monitors. I had instructions for just one screen, but I couldn't get it to work :-/
I have two inputs on my single 19" LCD Samsung so I should be able to toggle between them.

OK now what's the best sub $200 best bang for the buck card(s) that will OC enough to get good production without burning up?

I have room for two. One on the 16x16 signal PCIe and one on the other 16x4 signal PCIe slot.

What is the critical mass on the signal bus size? Is the x4 signal even worth the expense?

I don't want to blow $200 and have a crippled GPU2 client.

Back