• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

multi machine control device ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tecton3d

Registered
Hello, I am building a renderfarm (http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=4136105#post4136105) out of 4 1.6lv duallies and need a way to control them. I've heard of a device that will control multiple machines from a single monitor, keyboard, and mouse but I have never come across the name or brand of such a thing. I will have a total of 5 machines in the farm, one workstation and the four renderr nodes connected over a gigabit.

~thanks!

then again, I could just hopscotch the periphs from one box to another :bang head

VNC will be the cheaper solution and the computers will not have to be right next to each other(they just need to be hooked into the network). The KVM will be expensive and the machines will all need to be hooked to the KVM.

I have always intended all 4 boxes to be direcly next to one another in the same room since they are dedicated slaves without any other responsibilities. Either way, If I didn't have to buy hardware that would seem to simplify things~ which is always a good thing!

Thanks for the input!!

Back