• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 1st Intel Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XRogerX

Im writing this after I have had my System up and Running FULLY without issues plus i have to edit some pictures as some are way to big sry

Sponsored By Swiftech

swiftech_logo.jpg

Hello over the Last 15yrs or so , i was a AMD fan ,i have finally made the leap to intel with the help and support of my Wife

DSCN2084.JPG

So off to Neweeg I go ,so i thought i would start of with getting the case 1st that took me about 1 week to find ,so i went with a the Phanteks Enthoo Pro.

The Reason i went with this Case is because to me its low profile ,Black ,window and you can hide the USB ,Mic ,headphone jacks and reset button ,it has plenty of air filters and alot of room for fans and liquid cooling

another reason why i like this case is the Cable management and the two SSD Brackets on the back of the motherboard tray ,removeable HDD cages and its a full tower ...GOT it for $99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811854003

c1.jpg c2.jpg c3.jpg c4.jpg c5.jpg c6.jpg c9.jpg

something was missing on the case so for the next 2weeks i went looking for a decal that i wanted to put on my window ,i didnt know what i wanted but i found it ,it is a Grim Reaper Nevermore

c7.jpg c8.jpg

My first piece of hardware i got was the motherbord, to make a long story short was an Asus board ,i was unhappy with it i did a full refund rma, the reason is that only one RAM slot worked

So i went with Another board and that was an EVGA z170 Classified k , i went with this board after a friend recommened it to me plus i never had one problem with EVGA products , i like this board after looking at it over and over, is the M.2 ,Onboard power, reset,clear cmos buttons and the dual bios and it matches my color scheme of my system

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188181

M1.jpg M2.JPG

Well the CPU was the next thing i didnt need nothing to big so i went with the 6700k just incase ,i know it can be overclocked and it will handle any game ,to me anything higher then this would be a waste of money so i put it else where

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117559

P1.JPG P2.JPG

Then ordered myself an EVGA 1070SC Black Edition to replace my EVGA 970 FTW+

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487265

G1.JPG G2.JPG G4.JPG

I also want to mention that the cooling on both CPU and GPU are cooled by Swiftech Products. Who I am also sposored by.
CPU COOLED BY H240 X2 Prestige
GPU COOLED BY KOMODO NV-LE-GTX1080

Next was the RAM, I went with G.skill like i always have in the past and i have been reading the reviews from the forum that im a part of overclockers.com,so i went with the TridentZ

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232306

Forgot to get pictures of the ram i will edit and get them

Ok the final piece to get the PC up and running is the PSU ,i got a good deal on the PSU I got i know it way over kill , but atleast i have it just incase ,and its a Corsair RM1000 got it for $175 now its over $200

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139057

no Pictures of PSU

Got a Sound BlasterZ sound card cause i dont like onboard sound

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102048

S1.jpg S2.jpg S3.jpg

Also got two 32 inch TV's in 720p for a great price for under $125 each

https://www.walmart.com/ip/ProScan-PLDED3280A-32-720p-60Hz-D-LED-HDTV/46368139

DSCN1858.JPG

Attachments

• G6.JPG
    G6.JPG
    316.8 KB · Views: 148
  • GPUB1.JPG
    GPUB1.JPG
    679.1 KB · Views: 137
  • GPUB2.JPG
    GPUB2.JPG
    771.3 KB · Views: 140
  • GPUB3.JPG
    GPUB3.JPG
    771 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
DSCN2075.JPG DSCN2076.JPG

If you noticed i have to put the card in this slot cause of the shroud

move.JPG

This is the 1st Time doing a log not sure if this is how you do one but I'm proud of my system , what do you all think

DSCN2083.JPG DSCN1892.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN1796.JPG
    DSCN1796.JPG
    620.3 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
That is a good looking setup you got there Roger it it's ashamed about that shroud interference though. That seems like a stupid design oversight. Very clean wire management by the way.

Last edited:
TY and i noticed that i put up the wrong PICTURE with the two monitors lol ,and I'm waiting on the EVGA Powerlink

Great looking build Roger. I have the Enthoo Luxe and love it. They are very similar cases.

I doubt there will be any performance loss running your GPU at the second PCIe slot. It looks like it's a x8 slot but that should be no problem.

What kind of temps are you seeing with the GPU and CPU loaded? I usually run P95 and Unigene Heaven extreme together. It's a bit extreme but that's how I like it. :)

The elephant in the room for me (sorry, just being honest) is the 2x 720p monitors. That 1070 SC will be able to push 4k at decent settings but at 720p I doubt you'll see any real performance boost over your 970 FTW. You may have been better served with a single 1080p or 1440 monitor. Just my opinion.

Great looking build Roger. I have the Enthoo Luxe and love it. They are very similar cases.

I doubt there will be any performance loss running your GPU at the second PCIe slot. It looks like it's a x8 slot but that should be no problem.

What kind of temps are you seeing with the GPU and CPU loaded? I usually run P95 and Unigene Heaven extreme together. It's a bit extreme but that's how I like it. :)

The elephant in the room for me (sorry, just being honest) is the 2x 720p monitors. That 1070 SC will be able to push 4k at decent settings but at 720p I doubt you'll see any real performance boost over your 970 FTW. You may have been better served with a single 1080p or 1440 monitor. Just my opinion.

no i agree with you 100% but i about the monitors and about the temps on the gpu i haven't tested it at all cause of the issues right now with evga 1070/1080 cards right now but with cpu i have took a screenshots of the system when it was stock with thw old cooler on it and with just the new cooler on the cpu a few C difference ,here's a few screens shots ones on the top is the old AIO and the one on the bottom is Swiftech ,also to answer your question abut the pci-e slots ,yes that is the x8 ,but in all in all , the monitors is the only place i took the shortcut in really as funds were running low so i bought what i could , but give me time to save up more for the two 1080p or 1440 monitors and the reason i need two is cause i stream my games live on Twitch.tv is in about 3months i will have new ones lol , know waste of money , but not really cause i have something to fall back on , plus the other parts i can build another system with

Cosair H100I GT Stock Temps.PNG Swiftech 240 x2 prestige.PNG

well i did a small little adjustment i had to cut the i/o cover to get my GFX card to fit in the 1st PCI-e Slot look how close it is lol , what do you guys think

DSCN03871.jpg

DSCN03881.jpg

DSCN03891.jpg

DSCN03901.jpg

DSCN03911.jpg

A little black paint and nobody would ever be able to tell. Now with Evga making IMO some of the best Graphics cards there are, you would think they would absolutely not make a Motherboard that you would have to mod just to get a graphics card in the damn thing. That blows my mind man. Nice set up tho, what do you think of that sound card? Do you have it hooked up to a stereo, how does it sound?

A little black paint and nobody would ever be able to tell. Now with Evga making IMO some of the best Graphics cards there are, you would think they would absolutely not make a Motherboard that you would have to mod just to get a graphics card in the damn thing. That blows my mind man. Nice set up tho, what do you think of that sound card? Do you have it hooked up to a stereo, how does it sound?

i love this card for example WoW (World of Warcraft) I can hear Rogues Walking around me , i cant see them but i can hear them and I'm ready for them ,you can switch from Speakers to headset on the fly, you got scout mode where you can hear Further away and Surround Sound with Cinematic i only have a 2.1 Speakers now and that has a punch , i did have a 5.1 speakers at one time with this card and i blew out the speakers lol , but I'm very happy with this card

Looks like a very good Rig, it is a shame you had to cut off the shroud to fit the video card.

i know what you mean .evga swears it fits with np ,i even set them pictures with the 970 ftw+ with the scratch on it from the shroud and how the shroud touches the 1070sc card , and they told me its nothing to worry about , how is that nothing to worry about if it metal on metal ,or solder on metal , or solder on aluminum or whatever it is

I totally agree with you, how could they make the first slot not fit the Video Card. I took a look at the manual and it shows the first slot is 16X and second slot is 8X.

Hey Roger very nice build! Very nice hacking job too! As Rain stated, a little black paint and you won't notice. I gotta post a pic of my hacking job to make my Coolgate 480 rad fit in my Primo case.

The force is strong with this one :thup:

Back