• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Antec TruePower 550 still cutting it??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hmm i know that P965 and P35 do this everytime you restart your PC.Mine starts and then shuts down for a second and restarts to.But it only takes like 10 seconds.

Yea well its been like that for me all day so thats seems to be ok! However, I will check in the morning and see what its like.

Morning all, I just switched on my pc after leaving it for a good night sleep ( 9 hours) and when I switched it on everything came on apart from the cpu fan. I left it for a while (2mins) and it restarted itself and all is working now apart from no dvd drive!

That can't be right?

It used to do that when I had PSU problems. It refused to power my HDs and or DVDs So It could be a PSU problem. Take a peek inside with a torch and look for any bulging/leaking capacitors.

It used to do that when I had PSU problems. It refused to power my HDs and or DVDs So It could be a PSU problem. Take a peek inside with a torch and look for any bulging/leaking capacitors.

You mean inside the psu? I would have to disconnect everything and take it out.

You mean inside the psu? I would have to disconnect everything and take it out.

Not necessarily. Look through the back screen with a good light, see if any look like this:

They should be flat on the top without any discoloration. If you have a tower case, turn off your system, lay it on it's top, take a side cover off, and look inside your power supply past your fan and from the back with a bright light. Pay particular attention the the purple ones, a couple should be right there.

Attachments

• Failed Capacitors.jpg
    Failed Capacitors.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 107
Not necessarily. Look through the back screen with a good light, see if any look like this:

They should be flat on the top without any discoloration. If you have a tower case, turn off your system, lay it on it's top, take a side cover off, and look inside your power supply past your fan and from the back with a bright light. Pay particular attention the the purple ones, a couple should be right there.

Cheers Rolling, I will try that! Did you take that pic yourself? Nice camera if you did!

Well if its busted you will have to do it anyway... It sounds like it is on its way out. Might as well check.

Yea I think your right! I may aswell order a new one that will handle my system and be somewhat future proof if if I upgrade graphics card in a couple years.

Back