• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My ATI Radion 4870 X2 makes my room baking!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I always thought it would be cool to setup water cooling and run the tubing through the wall and have the radiator outside.

+1 more to repeat what everyone else has been saying: Fans and water cooling do Not create cold. They just move heat from one place to another -- in this case from your GPU to your room.

Also as far as heat output from AMPs, the sound energy is fairly negligible. The majority of the energy is converted to heat, and of course it scales depending on the volume setting.

As already stated earlier, your best bet is to open both windows and have the one furthest away from your computer blowing air in with a cheap box fan and the one closest to the computer exhausting air out with another cheap box fan. Your problem is to get the heat out of your room and the fans at the open windows will be the cheapest choice you have. Otherwise, a window (or self-standing) air conditioner is your only other option.

I save money in the winter by just running my PC and staying in my room most of the time. lol.

Removing your video card from your computer will lower the card's temp to ambient and cool down your room, though you may see a performance hit.

I keep my computer right by an open window - it helps when the wind is blowing the right direction.

Although my computer pumps out a lot of heat the worst offender in my room is my PS3!!

The exhaust on that thing feels like a heat shrink gun! I mean the exhaust is really HOT.

When I worked on a submarine we used some old large computers. One of them we nicknamed the "dragon" it put out so much hot air - and it was both water and air cooled with the hot water being pumped to another part of the submarine to be cooled by sea water and chillers.

Leave a mini fridge open next to your comp.

Problem solved.

Just kidding.

Put a mini personal fan next to the heat and make it shoot out into another room or window.. If you cannot do that then just get a really long monitor cable, really long usb cables... and put your case in another room.

There is really nothing practical you can do besides getting a personal AC unit or turning up the air conditioning.

Back