• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first FX build.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I even gave away an Intel chip, an Engineering Sample QX9650. I'm not sure how (if any) good it was, though. We would have to ask Mr. Scott since I never got a LGA 775 mobo to try it.
Blew up the board while benching it. ;)
Have not replaced it yet. CPU seemed average to slightly above average clocker.
Was benching around 4.8
I still have it.

Nice! I'm glad it's a functional chip, but sorry about your board. Since it came from a rig that toasted the board, is it possible that chip shouldn't be trusted again? That's 0-2 with it.

Nah. I did a sh1tty insulation job on the board. Chiller condensation found a way into the socket. Totally my fault. I knew it but pushed anyway.
It's ok, I hated that board anyway. I'll replace it eventually. P45 boards are still pretty expensive comparatively.

Nah. I did a sh1tty insulation job on the board. Chiller condensation found a way into the socket. Totally my fault. I knew it but pushed anyway.
It's ok, I hated that board anyway. I'll replace it eventually. P45 boards are still pretty expensive comparatively.
Fixed! :D

That was why I wanted it to go to a good home. I really couldn't afford a good, 140 watt LGA775 mobo at the time.

Eh....the board I blew up was considered a good board. P5E3 Deluxe
I still blew it up. :shrug:
I wanted a P45 board anyway.
I don't usually get rid of processors. It'll be here for a long long time.

At the time I had it I had a hard time even finding a board for it. The guy who gave it to me got it from a guy who worked at Intel, who supposedly told him "It's a monster, get a 140 watt board". Makes sense, as it was a brand new ES at the time.

WOW that derailed my thread fast. Why don't you guys PM each other? You are blowing my thread all the hell.

IMG_7004.JPG
Both cases I got at Goodwill the Antech was only $25 dollars and it was in the original unopen box!
The Armor case was $30 dollars and had a MB CPU RAM Blue-ray DVD and PSU in it!

You guys need to get your **** together MY photo was not nor is it sideways only when I upload it POS!

You guys need to get your **** together MY photo was not nor is it sideways only when I upload it POS!
I've had that happen to me at a couple of sites espeically from images taken with my phone. Was that snapped by a cellphone? And, go easy, would ya? Its a PG site. If the site/uploader is that bad, you can always find your way back to TPU. ;)

Ok, let's all get this back on track. Trickson's build. :)

I've had that happen to me at a couple of sites espeically from images taken with my phone. Was that snapped by a cellphone? And, go easy, would ya? Its a PG site. If the site/uploader is that bad, you can always find your way back to TPU. ;)

Ok, let's all get this back on track. Trickson's build. :)

LOL. You are funny. Oh yeah PG sorry I will Keep it PC PG.

Yeah I took it from my cell phone DL from email then opened in paint and saves as Jpeg. It's crazy freaks me out. Makes me think that gremlins are taking over my stuff. LOL.

I just couldn't resist. Here's my six cylinder VS your eight at stock

passmark.JPG

I didn't know this was a race for the biggest Epeen, lol, But congrats to you. :clap: Yours is a huge Epeen. :comp:
I am just having fun Overclocking this chip and being the first black edition I have ever had I love it. Yeah my Ryzen 3 Quad core gives this thing a run for the money. I know the short comings it just fun to play with.

Last edited:
$30 is sweet. Be "warned" the FX-8300 tends to be a rather fun overclocking chip... so you might want to start saving up for a better motherboard for after you blow the VRMs out of your current board =D

I was messing around with the 8300 I got for fun, and it acts like it might do 4.7 stable if the motherboard it's on wasn't a piece of <garbage> . anyway, have fun with it!

Last edited:
Well from the perspective of being a good overclocking chip and showing it. And it's not that bad since it's still in the top 85th percentile. I so want to get a killer MB for it. It would be nice but right now all I can offer is a trade. As I am saving for more RAM and better video cards.

Well, since we're in the :facepalm: phase of this thread, ill be back with my 920. Wanna see how low I need to go to have same cpu-z score

Back