• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my first intel always been AMD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Let me know when you have successfully managed to answer my questions and follow the instructions in my post you quoted. Once you made the two changes mentioned, test it out and report back.

I chose the First Option on this

2exshdu.jpg

and yes Now I am on FIX MOD @45 multi

I can't see a damn thing in the video... sorry. Waay too tiny to read any numbers...

EDIT: I can see the multiplier changing... Disable C-States, and in windows power management, make sure it is set to high performance...

Ah Ha!
I saw 4.5 Ghz for a split second there.

Try running Prime95 and see if it holds at 4.5 Ghz.

I can't see a damn thing in the video... sorry. Waay too tiny to read any numbers...

EDIT: I can see the multiplier changing... Disable C-States, and in windows power management, make sure it is set to high performance...

Same video Much better Quality straggling to upload on youtube

I will run prime ( Silver ) and see what Happens

Talk to you Guys tomorrow it is 2:08 AM my time Please if any one comes up with new ideas or solution Please let me know

Many thanks EarthDog ,, Silver and all that are helping me :)

Bis Morgen :thup:

Yep, run prime95.

We saw the clocks and multiplier change so that's a (good) sign. :)

Have a good night :)

+1... The c states are enabled as well as the power profile in windows not changed to high performance. That said, if you run p95 and it ramps up to whatever your multiplier is set at, you are in good shape.

Good Day

Ok I have today Off :attn: and I would Like to see what is wrong with My PC ,, So I started the day with Google search and found a few good tips about the same problem ( Multi changing or not holding ) Look at PIC where the green arrow is I have disabled this and C state is Disabled EAS disabled EIS disabled

149qil1.jpg

then I clicked on the OC Button I have in My Bios Look at Video

This is PIC of CPU Z before Test this Morning it is reading 4.0 witch is correct after i used the OC Button BUT whay does this Change as soon as I run Prime ???

9vdseo.jpg

Many thanks

Ok...looks like the clockspeed is stable. Try that 46x and see what temps are.

You did not need to touch AES.

You are also switching overclocking methods by using the genie. If you want to use the genie, you really don't need us. If you want to continue manually, we are here for ya.

Point is stick with one method, you are all over the place for no reason.

Ok...looks like the clockspeed is stable. Try that 46x and see what temps are.

You did not need to touch AES.

You are also switching overclocking methods by using the genie. If you want to use the genie, you really don't need us. If you want to continue manually, we are here for ya.

Point is stick with one method, you are all over the place for no reason.

NO earthdog this is not right , I used the genie to see if it holds any thing ,, that was the reason behind this

my Other Quetion is did you see in the Video It kept saying 3900 3500 on core speed ,, isnt this what we are talking about and it is throliting ???

OK Success 4.2 holding

2m51060.jpg

Last edited:
If the clockspeed is dropping it is throttling for whatver reason.

I have found this But it does not appy to me coz I cant find MAX and MIN
http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Disable_CPU_Throttling_in_Windows

also Found this should I download Mark CPU ???

http://www.overclock.net/t/184028/multiplier-keeps-changing

Success Raised My Voltage to 1.23 holding steady

2chtenb.jpg

will run a Test fft small and update

OK Guys we are getting somewhere I have good News for Earthdog and good news for me ALSO :)

the good News for me Is that My PC is running normal again I went to Bios and put 4.5 started prime and less then a Minute I am setting @ 100c :) this means The Multi is holding and temps are correct

the good news for Earthdog is That My PC is No where Close to your PC ( I can see you smiling by Now )

here is the video

Last edited:
If temps are correct,... That's just a tad hot! ;)
Are you fans on full power??

So there you go, 4.5 Ghz :rock:

LOL, yeah, at processor cooking temps!

Not acceptable there man...you need to lower the clocks, voltage or both.

NoW, do you believe us when we say your temps were way to cool and understand why we were all in disbelief? :)

If temps are correct,... That's just a tad hot! ;)
Are you fans on full power??

NO I havent even played around with the fans yet ever since I got this PC the Nice thing is if you have looked at My Case I have 3 settings to adjust the fans with a twist I will see how they work

If you know any good settings for starters let me know

So there you go, 4.5 Ghz :rock:

LOL, yeah, at processor cooking temps!

Not acceptable there man...you need to lower the clocks, voltage or both.

NoW, do you believe us when we say your temps were way to cool and understand why we were all in disbelief? :)

:attn::thup::p:p

Please look here I have played around with the Voltage and Now I dont know witch one is right and the other is wrong :D:D

oj3ywi.jpg

2nqfypj.jpg

What am I looking at? Which do you think is wrong? Which do you think is right?

Why did you touch ring voltage? Leave it on auto.

Why is AES disabled? That has nothing to do with overclocking (encryption).

Firas, you are all over the map friend... please stop changing handfuls of things at once. Please stop changing things that have nothing to do with overclocking, LOL! One change, test to see what it does, change something else.

That out of the way... and the following will seem like an exercise in futility but here goes anyway...

Stay at 4.5Ghz. Find the lowest voltage that is STABLE. Keep the temps under 90C while stress testing. You should only need to touch what we already mentioned in the thread.

I hope that works, Good Luck to you.

What am I looking at? Which do you think is wrong? Which do you think is right?

Why did you touch ring voltage? Leave it on auto.

Why is AES disabled? That has nothing to do with overclocking (encryption).

Firas, you are all over the map friend... please stop changing handfuls of things at once. Please stop changing things that have nothing to do with overclocking, LOL! One change, test to see what it does, change something else.

Ok Many thanks Will do and keep testing I will update video if I have any thing new :salute:

That out of the way... and the following will seem like an exercise in futility but here goes anyway...

Stay at 4.5Ghz. Find the lowest voltage that is STABLE. Keep the temps under 90C while stress testing. You should only need to touch what we already mentioned in the thread.

I hope that works, Good Luck to you.

Ok Guys @4.5 and voltage 1.28 I did a Blend test steady at 66c I paused the recording test is still running I lest it for 23 minutes or so came Back and Temp is setting @ 92+ Here is Video Also i have been doing many reading on google a Lot of guys say 4.5 you can but 4.6 is very hard specially with this CPU coz it gets sooooo Hot :(

Also Please look here for my Fan settings is any thing WRONG many thanks My Question Is @ 4.5 can I still play my Games ?? I play FSX and from what I have been reading FSX Loves to use all CPU cores ( NOT I will stay at 4.5 and keep lowering Voltage and see how this goes if not then 4.4 will be My Friend Until earthDog convinces me to get water cooling :) :) ))

xckody.jpg

Last edited:
1. When testing, we only want to hear about the hottest temperature. Saying "66C then paused whatever and came back to 92C". Just say max temp 92C. No need for a song and dance.
2. As far as 'what google says'. Every CPU is different. That said, with your current cooling, 4.5Ghz at 1.28v is still too much as you are breaking 90C when testing blend (small FFT will get hotter... blend is for memory as well, and you are not testing memory, just the CPU... I suggest small FFT for CPU only testing).
3. As far as fans, obviously making them spin faster should lower temperatures. However, you need to consider how loud that will be and if you can tolerate the noise.

Can I still play games?
Your temps are sky high at that clockspeed... but gaming is not stress testing so you should be ok...but you are pushing it. I would go down to 4.4Ghz and find the lowest stable voltage there.

Ok Cool I only give details Because in the past you have mentioned that I dont give enough Details and if it was not you then some one else on this forum told me this

Ok no Big deal No more songs :thup: :thup: :p

Guys Need some help I dont Understand this My first Question Is I went from 32 to 64 as in PIC and every thing is ok should I go a Little More ???
fyjuxu.jpg

Second I am on the MSI forums reading about my MOBO and tweaking

this Guy says (((( Change your DRAM frequency (DRAM Ratio CPURAM): try 3:2 divider first, then 5:4. Set DDR Voltage to 2.60 (DDR SDRAM Voltage: increase only if the system is unstable +0.025 at a time.))))
I cant see this

9hmhvp.jpg

29wnyuo.jpg

Need your help many thanks

Last edited:
Back