• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Fx 5200 Mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

countermods

Disabled
IM000623.JPG

HERE IT IS NOT FINISED YET NEED TO ADD SOME BIGGER RAM SINKS BUT THIS IS MY FIRST VID CARD MOD SPEDS WILL BE POSTER IN A DAY OR SO

here it is installed in my computer

999999.JPG

Last edited:
what no ones gonna say anything i know its not the best mod out but some one say something about it even if its bad

Good gawd is that thing big enough!? lol
If it keeps the temps good very kewl indeed.
To big for me, need the PCI slots that thing would block... lol

its only blocking 1 pci slot i still have 4 more and my board has onboard sound and lan so what do i need a pi slot for except maybe some usb ports

i used a lil super glue in each corner and some thermal paster every were else im getting about 350/500 right now stock was 200/350 what im trying to hit is 400/550

Actually I've seen bigger sinks on GPUs before, and those ones looked too big, this one looks very good to me. It's big enough to take command of the cooling situation but it still leaves room to manouver. Nice job.

nice...I have that card too. I've been working on a mod similar to that but I got so many other mods going on I haven't had time to real work on it too much.

eobard said:
Actually I've seen bigger sinks on GPUs before, and those ones looked too big, this one looks very good to me. It's big enough to take command of the cooling situation but it still leaves room to manouver. Nice job.

I agree. I have seen some massive ones too, that one looks great. Plus who needs PCI anymore, everything is integrated and its fast enough so it doesn't do much of a PC performance hit.

holy crap is that thing real???..haha jk but that is pretty crazy...nice job on it, btwya u might wanna lap some stuff to get some better heat transfer
________
How to bake

Last edited:
Its funny...

I heard people complain about the FX series about its " hoover HSF " and how ungodly big it is..

Then everywhere you turn there are peopel gluing HSF 3 FRICKEN TIMES BIGGER THAN THE OLD FX HOOVERS onto their video cards!

Gah

Beast Of Blight said:
Its funny...

I heard people complain about the FX series about its " hoover HSF " and how ungodly big it is..

Then everywhere you turn there are peopel gluing HSF 3 FRICKEN TIMES BIGGER THAN THE OLD FX HOOVERS onto their video cards!

Gah
But they don't make as much noise. That was the biggest complaint about the FX Dustbuster, I think.

Back