• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Latest Creation!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

whatdapho84

Registered
My new Rig guys! i've been havin some problems getting it to go more than 2.5ghz. anybody have any ideas of what voltage i should be using for cpu core, dram, motherboard, and agp? runs anywhere from 2.4ghz-2.4ghz stable. oh yeah, one more thing, kinda stupid question but what stress test programs should i be using and for how long guys? thanks

case.jpg

Nice rig If that is one of the L 1.5 1700 try not to get over 1.9vcore . For ram voltage no more then 2.8. agp no need to change.

O YEA WELCOME TO OUR FORUM

hey thanks. in what case should i up the ram voltage opposed to upping the cpu core voltage? sorry, im kinda new at this overclockin stuff.

You should lower the multipler and up the fsb untill the system is unstable. You can use 2.9 vddm if you choose but I wouldn't get over 2.8 myself. After finding you max fsb then up you Multi.

Prime 95 for cpu stablity
3dmark 2001 and 2003 for ram and system stability
sandra for cpu and alot more info.

You may need to change you timing on your ram.

so just lower my multiplier to something like 11? and up thet fsb until it doesnt boot into windows anymore? my ram timings are at 2-2-2-5 but i got Low Latency ram. so yeah. heh. thanks man.

Try maybe 10

that way for sure its not the cpu max

just make sure to run prime for @ least 12 hours or 24 to assure stability

hey, i got it to 2.45ghz now. does anybody know possibly why when i got my OS freshly runnin, i was able to boot to 2.5ghz and system was stable for awhile and now i cant even boot into xp with 2.5ghz. did i possibly semi-fry my proc by not burning it in or whatever? thanks a lot fellas

Turn the computer off for 10 min's and I beat it boots @ 2.5.

What has happen probably is the system has warmed up and want boot as high as it will cold.

maybe the "thermal" protection kicked in ....... by the way that is awsome for a newbie in overclcoking =) ...... you might want to get a better block than what the koolance came with .... if you want better temps/stability

i dont know, that block is rated up to 200W of heat dissapation i think. thats what it said on the box. so i think its adequate. i'll post system temps later. you guys all know whats the best method to accurately record cpu temp instead of in BIOS?

The_Ryz_Factor said:
That's nice looking!

And btw, jonspd, you a Tribes 2 player? If so, who are you? I am JohnMcClane. :)

I'am jonspd in tribes 2 and have been for 3 years.

Back