• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My list of fans that I am thinking of getting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gig-O-Ram

I went to newegg and a couple other sites and was looking around for some case fans that will move more air than the ones I have, and maybe be a bit more on the quiet side. I made the list so I could look over all my choices all at once, because I'd forget what was what if I looked at all of them one at a time online. The choices include 80mm, 92mm and 120mm fans. I came down to one fan in each size range that I think would be good. I have been advised to dump several brand choices because I guess they aren't good brands.

These are the the brands I have on the list:

Masscool....Coolmax...Enermax...Thermaltake...Panasonic Panaflo...Antec...Silverstone...Vantec...Sunon...Evercool...Kingwin...Aspire

Out of 29 fans on the list, my final 3 choices were these:

Enermax 80mm 40.5 CFM @ 1200-3000 21-26dBA (Newegg)
Evercool 92mm 41 CFM @2200, <22dBA (Newegg)
Evercool 120mm 86.5 CFM @2100, 35.5dBA (Newegg)
OR this one:
ThermalTake Thunderblade 120mm 78CFM @2000, 21dBA (Newegg)

So, have I chosen good fans, or do they suck? And should I knock any off my list and look at other brands? I know I may get a lot of suggestions for Panaflo or Delta or Nexus or others, but I just want to pick the best fans I can for the most CFM and hopefully not too loud.

1cem4n said:
go to www.sidewindercomputers.com IMO, they have better fans. look at the delta ghe extreme 220cfm.

-1cem4n

Man O Man...I might just have to give that one some serious thought. They say that most of the noise is from the airflow itself instead of the fan...is there any way that the air noise could be reduced so you can have that level of airflow and a more quiet environment? That is a serious fan! :drool:

Shadowknight281 said:
Thermaltake just rebadges Panaflos
Vantecs suck. NEVER buy the Stealth series.

Does that mean that TT is good, or no good? I hear a lot of people say that TT fans are no good, and that Panaflos are...but if they are Panaflos in disguise, does that mean PF's are no good either? This would seem contrary to wide opinion here. I'm so confused... :eh?:

All I want is quality, and it seems that what looks like quality isn't always. I know that some manufacturers lie about specs, but are there any who don't? Those are the ones I am looking for.

I know I like to talk fans, but I am actually not that wise when it comes to the difference between what's really good and what really sucks.

thermaltake has fake specs and you can always undervolt if you feel it's too loud.

-1cem4n

Back