• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My micro ATX water cooled project is done

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Makkarah said:
Nice job man! How did you manage to squeeze all that in such a small case?!

Amazingly the Inwin V500 case had more room in the lower front than my standard atx did for a radiator. Really all I did for the rad was to cut a 120mm hole in the front and slice a few pieces out of the lower drive bay. I lost room for a second HD but all I need is 1 HD and 1 Floppy. If you had a heater core you might not have to do any modding accept for the fan. If you want a Micro ATX case this is the one to get.

somethigns ben on my mind why are the hoses that fogy yellow color is it just the type of hose your using or is there some freaky **** going on inside your system?

so your only running 200gph eh... ive ben running a big *** pump ever since i set up my system. ive got a 590gph submersable pump in my system.

Nice job Bender. That will make a nice little lan box. I take that it has on-board lan. Also is that a 32meg Radeon?

64 MB radeon! I think I'll stick my Geforce2 ddr back in since it is a lan gaming rig. I needed a small case since I bring it back and forth from college 1000 miles away. I'm just glad I was able to fit everything in the case. Its cramped but still doesn't seem cluttered. The cables are routed behind the drive bays so it keeps things tidy.

omg nice work bender!!!

I didnt know you would have that much room in a micro ATX case.
You just inspired me to make something like that (no modding for 3 months is very bad for your health). Anyways here is a couple of questions.

First do you think I can get a Enermax psu in there?
I was also looking at a nother place for putting the pump sence I would need all the pci slots, maybe sorta put is on the side of the case to replace where the 80mm fan is?
A nother thing I was thinking about was to put a 120mm fan on the side of the case facing the pci slots sucking the hot air out, do you think thats posible?

Great job Bender, but how do you power everything? I am having problems with my micro-atx project. The powerman 180 watt power supply does not cut it when I put the raid-0 and GF4 TI4600. Any ideas?

Bender said:
I get 40-42c max depending on room temp. I think Asus Probe is high so I'll try my compnurse if I can rig it up the the cap of the CPU. The CPU is generating about the same as an overclocked athlon. I'm running 1.85v at 2.9 GHz but not shure how many watts of heat that is.

looks like 114.69 watts so that thing is really puting out some heat lol very nice setup tho bender i have my watercooling aranged just about the same way in my mid tower atx case

Very nice..........(we are all drooling don't think we're not). I love seeing this stuff it never ceases to amaze me the high quailty of work you do Bender. You got my respect good luck keep us posted.
Stay Cool
Pepsi

I'm using an inwin V500 which allows me to use any standard ATX psu even though the case is Micro ATX. The lower front section of the case actually had a little more space vertically than my Mid ATX so the radiator wasnt all that tough to squeeze in. You will notice the radiator is on its side because the case wasn't quite wide enough to clear its coils. The only real modding I had to do was cutting the 120mm fan hole and a little modding to the drive bay. I ended up losing 1 drive bay but I can still use a floppy and a HD. The 5.25 bays didn't get touched so I can add a DVD later on.

Personally I would keep the Radeon 64. My 64meg VIVO has a little advantage over my GF2 not only in 3dmarks but also 20c cooler operating temps.

Great job on the case-n-cooling:cool:

Bender said:
64 MB radeon! I think I'll stick my Geforce2 ddr back in since it is a lan gaming rig. I needed a small case since I bring it back and forth from college 1000 miles away. I'm just glad I was able to fit everything in the case. Its cramped but still doesn't seem cluttered. The cables are routed behind the drive bays so it keeps things tidy.

oh i have a question how are you powering the pump is it rigged off your psu or did you just route the wire around the back someplace?

Bender, can you tell me how to make a realy for the pump to connect to the psu or link me to an article that describes how to make the pump run off of the psu?

Back