• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My new computer! WARNING NOT 56k FRIENDLY!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zgradis

Registered
Hey guys I don't post much here but I got a recommendation on case from a guy on the forums and I thought I'd post a lil about it...
Case: Is an antec p180 from silentpc (endpcnoise.com)
Motherboard: ABIT AW8-MAX Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 955X ATX Intel
Video Card: XFX PVT70FUNDE Geforce 7800GTX 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 540J Prescott 800MHz FSB LGA 775 Processor
Memory: CORSAIR ValueSelect 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 533 (PC2 4200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 ST3250823AS 250GB 7200 RPM Serial DVD/CD Burner and Player: HP Black IDE DVD Burner w/ Lightscribe Model DVD640I
PSU: Seasonic 500watt PSU
Ok So the first shot is my dual monitors; This is the first plus of the video card, Not only is it over clocked but its got dual monitors. I'll post a picture to start you out with, then give my extra info and then at the end give the rest of the pictures!

monitors.jpg

Ok so I love my dual monitors, when I got all my components besides the case (from newegg.com) it was working great well i was using my dual monitors and one monitor started messing up and it ended up turning blue (it was missing the red color) so I had to actually send it back to newegg in the mean time i ordered a new one and a guy on the phone said he would return the other one in full so i didn't really care to pay 10 bucks to ship it back and not be without a computer(video card). But now I have been playing BF2 and it is amazing! This game is the real reason I built the computer but also because my lian-li case sounds like a F-15 taking off in front of my house... So this case was a sure thing to keep noise down I do sleep in the same room as my computer and before I had to turn off the computer now I can leave it on all the time! I LOVE THIS THING! Now I can say the top of the case does get hot and I don't have the switch on for my processor fan so my fan is always on full speed (which is ok cuz its still quiet something like 20db and it keeps my processor cool) But as for that the processor fan is the loudest part of my computer! I cant hear anything else besides the one fan! The reason I didn't put the switch on my processor fan to be able to adjust it is just that, I don't want to have to open my case and turn the switch when im playing games just to keep my system cool... Now as for the rest of the components, well lightscribe is COOL AS HELL!!!! I love the feel of my cd's the don't scratch as easy AND THEY LOOK COOL! Granted it takes 30 mins to burn the image onto the top of the cd but that's ok its well worth it I just leave it and go! Now some of you might ask why pentium 4? Well I have a huge sour taste in my mouth from AMD I had processor after processor from the 1800 to the 2800 and I only had problems... I talked with an AMD rep and he said yeah they've been having problems with there old processors but they got the problems fixed... well I asked him what he could do for me and he responded "well to be honest, nothing, because they don't even want to give me a discount" It was kind of ****ty that I have been selling the **** out of AMD stuff when I worked at Circuit city and best buy (a long while ago)... So I went with a processor that had AMAZING FSB 800mhz? AMD's got nothing on that! Well we wont get into that! But its a great processor so far no problems! The ram meh to be honest ive had amazing extra priced ram and this value select and taking a class on resistors and **** like that I know the only reason they can sell these ram sets so cheap is beause of the defects in them (sounds crazy right well here I will explain) When they manufactur a chip or resistor they are never perfect so they sell those for cheaper! for example when they make 3.4 ghz processors well some of those processors should have been 3.6 ghz but because manufacturing isn't perfect well that's why 3.4 is cheaper! Ok enough on that the PSU is super quiet and i have had NO PROBLEMS hell I even had a small power outage (1 sec) and my computer stayed on the system is so efficient (while all my other **** ie tv sound system all turned off). Finally the motherboard, well this thing rocks! It has a number system (that really doesn't tell you alot but still I can say I have it) that tells you what is going on with your system! It also has an extra option for what's called the uGURU plug that allows you to over clock your system all with a REMOTE! But it also has NO FANS! It works with super efficient heat sinks. On top of that all 6 sATA ports! AND WAIT THERES MORE, 7.1 DD sound card! WHICH SOUNDS Awesome! I had a sound blaster audigy2 and this is awesome to it, almost as good as it! Without the problems of the conflicts with the motherboard sound! Whoops I almost forgot THE CASE! This part I am going to do a bit diffrent...
Case Pros; Sweet look, super quiet, keeps moderatly cool, plenty of extra cable room around the PSU (For all the cables i dont use), PLENTLY of room for HD's, it has the extra box behind one of the slide out HD trays for extra screws, oh yeah did I say it looks cool?
Case Cons; It's heavy (around 50 pounds with components in it), the case tray doesn't slide out like my lian-li, the cable management its really weird! It all gets in the way and it bunches out of the exit point and comes together.... perhaps i should move my DVD drive up to the top to free up some space but i really wanted it on the bottom for some reason... I still shouldn't have to move it because if I had 4 drives I would need it there!

Final thoughts...
I love it, this is one of the best systems I have made yet! Its quiet and its awesome just in general! I dont have much more to say! With the way I have it set up I give it a 9 out of 10 only because I dont have LCD monitors and I didn't get a terabyte of hd space ;) LOL Which I really thought about doing but I didn't want to pay another $1000!!! Anyways if you have questions you can IM me on AIM my SN is Zgradis (hmmm interesting you dont say...)
Take it easy guys keep up the good posts!

Thanks to the following!
EA for giving me a reason to build a new computer
Newegg.com for giving me the BEST prices (even tho I work at best buy) and the best selection!
Endpcnoise.com for having a sweeeeet version of the p180 case! (tis black!)

Last edited:
Very nice..I got the P180 also but the silver version. If you don't mind me asking, how much was the total shipped for the black version?

Wow, that's a nice system. I wanted the P180 SO badly, but I couldn't part with the ~$150 to buy it. I settled for an SLK3000 that I got for $43 shipped (from amazon). Maybe around tax return time the black case will become more avaliable/price will drop and I'll get one then. Until then I have my eyes on a 19" LCD :).

well there was free shipping over 199 at endpcnoise.com and it was like 160 for the case alone and shipping was like 27 bux! so I bought the giant processor fan with it and got if for like 206.00

shellshock said:
Welcome to ocforums!!!

Very nice comp man. Have you ran any benchies on it yet?

Oh ya, Im lovin that black P180 :cool:

Heh thanks, no I dont hell I dont know what program to use for benchmarking lol if you wana let me know what to get I can do it for you

for benchmarking run 3dmark03 and 05 as well get super pi and run the 32 meg run.

Also clean the fingerprints off the front of your case, it looks kinda dirty and greasy from the pictures.

TalRW said:
for benchmarking run 3dmark03 and 05 as well get super pi and run the 32 meg run.

Also clean the fingerprints off the front of your case, it looks kinda dirty and greasy from the pictures.

lol meh i dont care that much lol

Ok so i did some bench marking testing but the fking test needs to go online I dont really care that much and didnt want to register just to see my benchmarks... but i did do the pi test and it was 31 seconds i duno if there was more but thats all i saw

Very nice. I'll be moving across to a P180 in the next month or so myself.....

Nice system! Just ordered a P180 myself (was partial to sliver:)) looks like a suite case! Have you modded it yet? I'll only have access to my dad's uber power tool setup until thurs and my packages should come on tues. Any holes that need to be cut???......please! :p

Oh and veryhumid......AWSOME avatar!!!!

Well no mods, and I wont, I dont like to mod my cases I like them CLEAN! The more basic the better! I think its just about perfect if you cut holes, then i ask WHY DID YOU BUY A SILENT CASE it has insulation to keep the noise in!

I was thinking more along the lines of internal cuts/holes for routing wires. I'm a clean freak when it comes to wires(even though I dosent have a window) since I'm big on good airflow. It dosen't look like I'll be cutting any holes for new fans (Unlike my Xaser III, ugh).

Oh and how are the stock fans?

Back