• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mytrix LinuxBook 7350

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just buy whatever laptop they want and install linux on it?
This emote exists for you to use FYI. :tinfoil:

Oh the Linux conversion is on him he just wants me to find a decent laptop and deal if I can. Thanks

I just looked at those Mytrix LinuxBooks in the past couple days, in my laptop shopping. I have never heard of them, so I ended up getting a Lenovo this one. I'm happy with the Lenovo, I'm keeping the Win 10 install but did set up Linux in VMware Player. I'm sure if I wanted to run Linux on this laptop natively that there would be no issues.

What's he using it for? I'm in the same position as ihr with *nix on Lenovo laptops. Ran a few Linux VMs on a X220 in college and they ran flawlessly - though I did have to bump it up to an i5 2520m as it was the cheapest CPU offered that had virtualization support. Did try tossing Mint on a little Miix 2-in-1 recently and it kept trying to lock into portrait mode and I couldn't be bothered to follow through with it, but that's more my laziness than anything.

I had a little MSI Wind netbook that ran Ubuntu well if he doesn't need anything high end.

What was I getting at again? Oh yeah, sorry. It seems that if you don't go too extreme with it like the Miix I tried, Linux seems to be fairly "drop in and go" with most laptops these days. So it's more of a matter of finding a laptop that fits his needs and budget.

While looking at some laptops I came across these Mytrix LinuxBook 7350 and wondering if they are reputable as I can't find any info on them. I thought I would bounce it off some people that might know more about them.

https://www.newegg.ca/silver-mytrix...esigning/p/1TS-004A-00027?Item=9SIACBDBC39388

Getting back to the Mytrix laptops, the one linked to on Newegg looks like a basically good candidate, hardware wise. For me however, going to the Mytrix site and seeing "404 not found" does not instill confidence for that company. https://www.mytrixtech.com/about/

Thanks I ended up buying a decent Acer..... it fit his budget and needs. Friday they had 5 to choose from today just 2 acer is not my first choice but far from my last. Thanks guys.

Back