• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NB question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MaxiKana

Hey, im pretty new to OCing, and ive recently built a WC rig for myself (check thread in the watercooling forum).

My question is that with the a7v8x when i push the fsb to 160mhz, running the stock hs on the nb it feels about 45-50c.. im asking that is that too high for it? should i buy a hsf or something? or is it safe to run it like this the way it is now?

well, If you plan on running 220+ FSB then upgrade the heat sink, if not you can either leave it stock or put some AS3/2 on it or something.

166 isnt very high. Running 210 right now with no NB mods at all on NF7

If it's stable it should be fine. It's supposed to be able to run at least 166 anyway.

Thanks, right now its at 166fsb,multi 12.5 = 2085mhz pretty good imho :) it did boot at 2100 but prime 95 faild instantly, im guessing its cause of the memory. Vcore is at 1.7v. Temps are as follows with 2 120mm fans on the rad: cpu 26c load mb 28c load.

Back