• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a cheap case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AFG34

Im building a new rig and need a new case. I am buying an enermax psu seperate so don't need a case with psu. I don't care about looks either. I just need something that has decent airflow. I want to spend ~$50.

gigabyte 935P-DS3 mobo
C2d e550
8800gt? possibly
single harddrive
single optical drive
thermalright 120 (possibly)

How is the Coolermaster Centurion 534?

Last edited:
thanx for your reply, im not so familiar with cases :D
still looking

What about the cooler-master 330?

Last edited:
the Centurion 534 is a pretty good case. I really like mine. In order to get the same airflow as the 690 you need to add 2-120mm fans. The 690 has firewire port 534 doesn't.The wire management options are nice and the 7 options for 120mm fans allow you to customize your airflow. At $64.99 - $20 MIR its actually cheaper than the 534 right now.The Centurion is a good case for the money, but if I were buying now I'd go with the 690.

"pretty big step" care to elaborate?

Well the 690 boasts 7 fan mounts IIRC compared to the measely 3 fan mounts the 330 offers. The 690 also has room for water cooling if that may interest you in the future, it also includes those little cable holders for cable management, and is sturdier. This is all I can think of off the top of my head but overall the 690 is in a whole new class.

Back