• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Advice on a CPU Upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jitryd

I currently run a Duron 600 on an Abit KT7A (old version not 1.3)

I want to make a simple CPU upgrade but I can't decide between 1.2-1.3Ghz Duron and a 1.4Ghz T-Bird.

The Duron's run about $40 and the T-Bird about $80. How much of a performance difference?

The board doesn't support an XP as far as I can tell so these seem to be my two options. I'd rather not incur the expense of changing the MB at this point as I don't want to buy new memory also.

thanks

Quite frankly, you'll notice a big difference either way. If you don't want to upgrade any time in the near future, go for the Tbird. I could be just saying that because I wish I had done that instead of spending too much on new stuff, but the Tbird 1.4 is still a good processor IMHO. Open to corrections...

Yep go for the 1.4 tbird, that`s a good cpu although it`s a little expensive $80? I paid $61 for my XP 1600+ . and Welcome to the forum :beer:

Back