• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help on CHEAP gaming pc build!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If its in the form of XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX then yes.

25 digits separated by dashes.

Run Ubuntu, its free and works great for normal use.

If you're in college, a lot of colleges use MSDN, you can get copies of Windows from there.

Ive tryd to get copies from my dads work but no luck :/ if this flash drive thing doesnt work i will be looking around for a multipble use of windows 7 :)

The flash drive doesn't replace buying Windows...it'll lock you out after 30 days if it's not activated

Any method of acquiring a license without paying for it is considered piracy and is illegal.

The flash drive is only the installation media, like the DVD.

You still need a product key, for any Windows installation.

Ok so lets say this. I have no disk reader a memory stick no windows 7 and i do have a cd key. what are my options?
-Branden

Ok so if i do the download and put it on a flash drive... when i boot the computer up with the drive in it hows it work? it just asks me for the license key? and after that...? (sorry im extremely confused at this point)

I know this is a bit off topic but can anyone help me with internet? i have at@t (go ahead and laugh its not my choice lol) and my download speed is absolutely disgusting and we are on the most exspensive dsl plan. theres only 2 computers in the house and 2 iphones (when were here) i'd like to download games as fast as my friends are on charter. i believe our plan is 3mbps and im only getting an average of 500kb a second when i download games making 3gb+ games take ages. If anyone has an idea to how to fix this id REALLY appreciate it!
-Branden

parts and case were shipped today :) parts will be here in 3 days and case 4-7...damn.

Perfect time to get all your stuff ready: cables, drivers, OS installation media, personal media that you want to copy to your new system, a clean place to assemble the system...

Now for transferring games can i use a memory stick and just copy/paste the files onto it and install it onto my new pc? And ill be working on it on wooden floors should i be worryed about static at all? im assuming ill be fine but id like your guys opinion :D

Save the game save files. You'll have to reinstall the games.

Static. Touch the case. Open the new part, touch the bag it came in to the case. Open the bag. Install the part. Don't wear your mom's nylons and wool sweater, you'll be fine.......

best to build the PC on cardboard, lay it all out, install and test there first. Then put it all in the case Once it all works fine.

Save the game save files. You'll have to reinstall the games.

Static. Touch the case. Open the new part, touch the bag it came in to the case. Open the bag. Install the part. Don't wear your mom's nylons and wool sweater, you'll be fine.......

best to build the PC on cardboard, lay it all out, install and test there first. Then put it all in the case Once it all works fine.

This is so underrated yet so useful. Build everything on top of a box first so you can make sure everything works. This lets you debug problems way faster than inside a case. Then, when you are sure everything works, move it to the case.

Oh and DON'T put the board on the anti-static bag it came from on the box. The Anti-static bag is only anti-static internally. Not externally. Externally it's very static-like! Lol. (Seriously though)

Back