• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help over clocking my cpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kaitlin4599

ok so i have a xeon w3690 on an X58A-ud3r version 2.0 motherboard socket 1366 and 6 sticks of 4gb ram for a total of 24 gb

so right now im at 4.3Ghz and 1.355 volts on the vcore cpuz reports 1.344 due in part to load line calibration

if i wanna find out what the lowest stable vcore is for my chip at its current overclock how do i do that

do i just lower the vcore one setting at a time and test prime95 to see if it crashes then if it crashes up the vcore till stable?

and if so how long do i stress test in prime95 to see if vcore is stable

keep in mind im only adjusting the vcore no other settings will be adjusted just wanna see how low i can go to get stable so im not using so much power and making so much heat if not needed

Yeah you pretty much have the gist of it. I would lower it in the smallest increments your board has and run prime95 for 10 mins small FFTs each step. Once it fails 10 mins go back up a notch and try for an hour. If it fails go up another notch, if it passes try for 6 hrs. The 10 mins is enough to generally rough it in without taking too much time, then you can go for longer. Also check with blend once you pass small FFTs.

Back