• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help reaching 4.8Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BonaOver

Registered
Hey guys I achieved a 4.7Ghz overclock with max temp around 75C with 1.320V, I tried to get to 4.8Ghz on all cores but I'm really limited by the chip, it gets too hot (Seeing I'm not interested only in bench numbers, but on daily performance with stability). What could I do to reach 4.8Ghz? Can I do like 1 or 2 cores at 4.8Ghz? How does individual overclock works? I might have to increase Vcore voltage but can this be adjusted individually? Maybe disabling Hyperthreading?

I'm color blind so I only see a lighter, grey line.

turn off hyper threding, no software I have will use them.
percore clocking, you set the clock on the cores so that when it is on one thread, that thread runs at the set clock. most of the time we are on one thread.
and it sets that way, mine runs 5.2, 5.0, 48,48.
try setting 48,46,46,46 first.

I'm color blind so I only see a lighter, grey line.

turn off hyper threding, no software I have will use them.
percore clocking, you set the clock on the cores so that when it is on one thread, that thread runs at the set clock. most of the time we are on one thread.
and it sets that way, mine runs 5.2, 5.0, 48,48.
try setting 48,46,46,46 first.

What about the vcore?

Back